Author Topic: 2012/08/23 - Blockland r1713  (Read 25899 times)

i dont want to buy a OTHER GRAPHIC CARD >:(

No offence, but when you're trying to play video games on a computer with a freebie graphics card built into the CPU, you can't expect much performance when the industry standard cards are about $100. I know Blockland is not exactly extremely demanding, but come on.

That being said, I also have an integrated GPU, and while I can only run minimal shaders, I love the performance increases in the recent updates, and hope to see more in the future.

just to make sure, when mac compatibility rolls around or i decide to manually forget with my computer, will my nvidia 8600 GT be able to run shaders? i checked it on a list compared to other graphics cards and it's middle mid quality.

What's up with that error? Not to concerned about it, because shadows work just fine, but still wondering.

Just used search and seen more people get it, never mind then.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:23:34 AM by LeetZero »

First octTrees; now octShadows! kompressor you brilliant man!

Quote from: Badspot (from r1711 topic)
I've taken to failing add-ons that display obvious error messages.  Perhaps I'm being too strict but this is a clear indication that the add-on was never properly tested.  I'm probably just going to elevate this error message to the level of a syntax error so all future add-ons that have these errors will fail automatically.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but it seems to me that even when testing on a single player server, an Add-On in testing phase with one or more syntax errors will be instantly CRC failed on the cloud.  Could you clarify what you mean here?

-snip-

10/10 cried manly tears
you should do more stories

I really hope you guys catch that reference because if not i'm going to be very sad
(http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=17132.msg239014#msg239014)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:36:51 AM by Megaguy2 »

Yea I got the reference right off the bat

Anyway, yours is less funny because you didn't make any reference to octagons and the (tree) thing is only applicable to the oct tree.

So im guessing Badspot will have an updated minimum and recommended requirements on blockland.us after a while.

Yea I got the reference right off the bat

Anyway, yours is less funny because you didn't make any reference to octagons and the (tree) thing is only applicable to the oct tree.
oct shadows, though, that's the joke. they can be seen in this error-

What's up with that error? Not to concerned about it, because shadows work just fine, but still wondering.

Just used search and seen more people get it, never mind then.

oct shadows, though, that's the joke. they can be seen in this error-
I know...

I was saying that you should have made the shadow an octagon

i can run shaders
on max
with no lag
woo.

i can run shaders
on max
with no lag
woo.
With 0 bricks. Now load a 100k brick save.