2012/08/23 - Blockland r1713

Author Topic: 2012/08/23 - Blockland r1713  (Read 25911 times)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but it seems to me that even when testing on a single player server, an Add-On in testing phase with one or more syntax errors will be instantly CRC failed on the cloud.  Could you clarify what you mean here?
No. It will not be instantly CRC failed. Badspot manually CRC fails add-ons. He's just going to make that error cause syntax errors so the script wont run, so people will fix it before they release it.

The Cascading shadows run a whole lot faster on my system, I can go on very-high no problems.  They Look nicer as well, (no seams in the distance).

Wow. Ran Blockland with my new desktop I built - friggen beautiful. It's not the same when you're actually playing compared to screenshots.

I'll have to download FRAPS so I can check my FPS and see which one is the most stable. I seem to run ACM City with Shaders on Max fine. Any suggestions to balance the settings out?

This is great.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 03:15:50 PM by Awdax »

Wow. Ran Blockland with my new desktop I built - friggen beautiful. It's not the same when you're actually playing compared to screenshots.

I'll have to download FRAPS so I can check my FPS and see which one is the most stable. I seem to run ACM City with Shaders on Max fine. Any suggestions to balance the settings out?

This is great.
Or you could use this.
http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=3784

No. It will not be instantly CRC failed. Badspot manually CRC fails add-ons. He's just going to make that error cause syntax errors so the script wont run, so people will fix it before they release it.
phew. i was worried about this but forgot to ask.

Just curious, would this help for possible making support for intel users or users that cant run shaders? (No, I can run shaders)

so since I saw people discussing FPS and shadows and lag or what-not, I decided to do something myself to see how my computer performed.

229993 bricks
(the map was a recreation of slopes that Treynolds416 made with a script, and yes you read that right 229k bricks)
max view distance

no shadows:    60 FPS
minimum:        60 FPS
low:                 60 FPS
medium:          60 FPS
high:               50-57 FPS

on very high/max, no shadows appeared at all .. weird.

keep in mind this was all in single player.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:10:23 PM by SpreadsPlague »

For those who think intel is impossible to fix for shaders,
it's not. It's just a bug in the script the intels hate. If it is, there might be a way to run a virtual graphics card.

it's not. It's just a bug in the script the intels hate. If it is, there might be a way to run a virtual graphics card.

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about ..

(the map was a recreation of slopes that someone made with a script, and yes you read that right 229k bricks)
heh

who was that, I wonder

No, that is far from it.  Intel graphics literally don't have the hardware to support the shaders on any basis.  Just stop trying to run shaders on grandma's email reader.

heh

who was that, I wonder

I knew your name looked familiar

okay adding credits ~

You're horribly mistaken about computers.