Author Topic: 2012/08/23 - Blockland r1713  (Read 25902 times)

I have a GeForce 7900 GS with fully updated drivers and 9.0c directx support. The shaders/shadows wont show up, what do I need to do?

Blockland runs on OpenGL, not DirectX.  S&S requires at least OpenGL 3, which didn't show up in GeForce cards until the 8xxx cards.

In other words you still need a new GPU/Video/Graphics Card.

Is this normal or a glitch? Shadows become low quality on transparent bricks i mean.

Is this normal or a glitch? Shadows become low quality on transparent bricks i mean.
This happens a lot actually. I think it's may be on purpose.

Also, are shadows running a lot better for anyone else, i can suddenly run BL on medium shaders.

Also, are shadows running a lot better for anyone else, i can suddenly run BL on medium shaders.
Same here.

Badspot, I'm curious, do you have any plans on adding directX support to blockland? I mean tons of people would actually be able to run shadows and shaders, including the big chunk of us with integrated cards.
Also, if not, whats the point of:
1. Having a display driver box in the options menu.
2. Having the option in said box in an active drop-down menu

I've been wondering that for quite some time, actually.

Same here.

Badspot, I'm curious, do you have any plans on adding directX support to blockland? I mean tons of people would actually be able to run shadows and shaders, including the big chunk of us with integrated cards.

/Agree

Same here.

but dont use directx 9
use directx 12 like a man

This happens a lot actually. I think it's may be on purpose.

I am now running shadows on max the whole time practically, but with bigger builds i change to a lower quality. :P

Same here.

Directx support would be nice.

DirectX support used to exist for Blockland. It was actually removed for being obsolete.

but dont use directx 9
use directx 12 like a man
it's not a matter of how new it is, it's a matter of how much of the userbase can actually use it

computers need to actually be able to run the version of directx, so 9 would be better than the latest one.

it's not a matter of how new it is, it's a matter of how much of the userbase can actually use it

computers need to actually be able to run the version of directx, so 9 would be better than the latest one.
Yeah, I agree.

Alot of Newer-gen games use and / or have support for directx 9.

Not sure if someone has mentioned it yet but glowing textures - the ones that are supposed to glow because self-illuminating has been enabled for this texture - don't with shaders on.

Running shaders in vertex mode...
I'll have to get a new graphics card.

I can't do stuff with the shaders. But I can play all other settings on high.

Not sure if someone has mentioned it yet but glowing textures - the ones that are supposed to glow because self-illuminating has been enabled for this texture - don't with shaders on.

What?