Author Topic: Hosting service - Terminated!  (Read 30902 times)

I made an error. I ment don't you have to pay 1 payment of $200 for life then a recurring fee of a certain lower ammount a month?
Most hosts lack setup fees, but either way their prices are outrageous.

I made an error. I ment don't you have to pay 1 payment of $200 for life then a recurring fee of a certain lower ammount a month?

For the server Kal uses it's either a $199 setup fee up front or $16 a month until paid off. The server he uses is $68.99 per month, and if you opt to have the setup fee paid off in monthly payments it's $84.99 per month until the $199 is paid off, then drops back down to the $68.99. And, if you want Windows Webserver 2008 R2 it's a extra $15 per month. I will say who he goes through is the cheapest one you can find readily, there maybe cheaper hosts but you would have to search long and hard for them, and it likely would help to have a few connections as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:29:26 PM by Cowboy6 »

For the server Kal uses it's either a $199 setup fee up front or $16 a month until paid off. The server he uses is $68.99 per month, and if you opt to have the setup fee paid off in monthly payments it's $84.99 per month until the $199 is paid off, then drops back down to the $68.99. And, if you want Windows Webserver 2008 R2 it's a extra $15 per month. I will say who he goes through is the cheapest one you can find readily, there maybe cheaper hosts but you would have to search long and hard for them, and likely would help to have a few connections as well.
When I joined them they didn't even have a setup fee for a lowered monthly cost. I'm not even sure my cost goes down when I pay enough to cover the setup fee.

It's actually totals $99.99.

That host appears to be the cheapest in America, but it won't surprise me if there's another cheaper host, also hidden like mine.

$99.99 per month? So you have the Windows Webserver fee plus the setup fee? According to my calculations the monthly payment plan they have now is designed to allow you to pay off the setup fee in 12 months, so you should have paid that off this past January or February if you were paying the extra $16.

Quote from: Kalphiter
I'm not even sure my cost goes down when I pay enough to cover the setup fee.

So are you saying you haven't been paying the extra to cover the setup fee consistently?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:44:46 PM by Cowboy6 »

$99.99 per month? So you have the Windows Webserver fee plus the setup fee? According to my calculations the monthly payment plan they have now is designed to allow you to pay off the setup fee in 12 months, so you should have paid that off this past January or February if you were paying the extra $16.

So are you saying you haven't been paying the extra to cover the setup fee consistently?
No, it's that I actually have no idea if the extra $16 is permanent, it's a long time before I will get to figure that out without asking (June 2013)

Are you telling me O:I is forgeted?
Kalph here I come.

Are you telling me O:I is forgeted?
Kalph here I come.
he is telling you

I somehow expected that this would happen. (It's not very often that your ISP allows to resell their service for charge or without charge) But yeah, you guys never read something about the terms of service. Now you have to feel the consequence for it.

Solution:
Get a dedicated server.

Also, I expect who could have reported this:
3 letters.
Word begins with L and ends with b.
L_b
It's so obviously.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:59:36 AM by Cajetan »

Lub is an starfish though.
I just lost all respect for him.

hahaha lub you loving champion

-1000 respect for Lub