Author Topic: Gamemodes - 'Compatible' add-ons or gamemode components  (Read 780 times)

I'd like to see in the spec for defining a gamemode, some way to define that your gamemode is "compatible" with other add-ons, and giving users the option to enable add-ons they have that the gamemode is compatible with (so think of the Custom gamemode as a gamemode that implements no special functionality and is compatible with everything)

It would also be nice to have patterns with that, like "Weapon_*" if you want users to be able to enable any weapons, but for someone who releases their gamemode as modules such as McTwist's old RP Core set, you could simply define that it is compatible with your set of add-ons - rather than writing your entire own settings system for enabling and disabling components and having to include everything, or users having to show their servers as using the Custom gamemode if they use something that isn't identical to the base gamemode.

Does nobody else want this? Modders?

This would be good to have.

Absolutely.

I would like gamemodes more if they just specified a set of addons to execute, and any other can be selected as needed; maybe the gamemode's code could specify category whitelists (as the OP said) and specific add-on blacklists (for anything you know shouldn't be enabled with the gamemode). Blacklists could also have an "All" option, disabling all add-ons that aren't part of the gamemode. If no blacklists or whitelists are specified, allow any addons.

I'm pretty sure all of em's s+r topics are cursed, they're always brilliant but die fast

I'm pretty sure all of em's s+r topics are cursed, they're always brilliant but die fast
Yeah

I suck at marketing apparently, probably need to make more guns that shoot bullets

Agreed. Gamemode settings in general would be great.

Yeah

I suck at marketing apparently, probably need to make more guns that shoot bullets
Well there's your problem: You didn't add ironsights!

This needs to be done or something similar

This would be great for modders.

Does Badspot read these?