Author Topic: Do subliminal messages work?  (Read 1559 times)

I found this program called subliminal flash, that flashes phrases in your computer that are supposed to subconsciously help you with things, could it work?

I'm extremely skeptical, it could just be a placebo.

What do you all think?

I have no idea.
I wouldn't even know how to test if they worked.


I have no idea.
I wouldn't even know how to test if they worked.
I'm starting to get a headache from the flashing, every 1 second a phrase pops up for 10 milliseconds, I can see a light flash if I'm looking for it but otherwise I can't see it.

its obv a virus
Nop


Actually movie theaters used to do this I think
They would flash popcorn through the movie
According to them the sales went up 25%.
But it could be just a myth

Subliminal messages do work, which is the reason for them being illegal now.
(as in like movies n stuff)

They work on stupid people with no self control.

i saw a richard for a split second, must eat richards, mmm sweet richards

i saw a richard for a split second, must eat richards, mmm sweet richards
wouldn't work like that 10/10

the theaters flashed "HUNGRY? EAT POPCORN" fyi

Yes they do.
TV Ads do it on a daily basis.

Psychology recognizes them as valid. In a movie shown way back in the start of movie theater days, every hundredth frame they flashed a picture of the Coca-Cola logo and found that these people did indeed buy more coke during and after their movies.

EDIT: It was coke, not popcorn. Coke was willing to pay them an assload for advertising so they didn't care whether it worked or not.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:13:29 AM by TripNick »

Psychology recognizes them as valid. In a movie shown way back in the start of movie theater days, every hundredth frame they flashed a picture of the Coca-Cola logo and found that these people did indeed buy more coke during and after their movies.

EDIT: It was coke, not popcorn. Coke was willing to pay them an assload for advertising so they didn't care whether it worked or not.
Why would you buy cocaine after watching an ad for coca cola? /joke

They don't work, it's a placebo. Mind control is not possible without changing the chemical processes in the brain.

Why would you buy cocaine after watching an ad for coca cola? /joke
This is why I prefer the word cola, because of immature people playing crackhead wannabes. Also partially why I just prefer Pepsi.

I know it's a joke but bleh
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:25:24 AM by Cybertails1998 »