[Bluzone Private Mods] Script_RPChat V4 | Script_TelChat V3

Author Topic: [Bluzone Private Mods] Script_RPChat V4 | Script_TelChat V3  (Read 23121 times)

After joining Kniaz and his team with the bluzone as lead scripter, I noticed the lack of features in their scripts. I began to add features over the course of a few months, all the way until a few days ago when the Bluzone shut down.
These are their stories. the results.
I have Kniaz's approval to release RPChat. Telchat is mine.

Script_RPChat

This is where most of the action happened.
Quote from: changelog from original to my mod
+Everything
+Seperated mod into multiple files because it's so goddamned big
+Added eval (for debugging)
-removed eval for release
+Added shorthand functions for use with eval (fcbn, fpbn, etc)
+Added method to remove ownership from saves. This is useful for when dumbass mcblock uploads a save with ownership. zombies are broked unless minigame host owns their spawns. /removeSaveOwnership
+Added logging to everything
+added /hearall. allows super admins to hear every chat that flows through the server.
+added /silentSetName. Does as it says on the tin.
+added /adminToggleOOC to allow disabling of OOC. // probably works
+added /toggleOOC, /toggleRadio, to allow client-sided toggling of ooc and radio.
+added /goCloak to allow super admins to spy on noobs.
+added /shutdown to allow super admins to kick everyone with the reason "the server was shutdown." It also sets the password to $Pref::Server::secretPassword.
+added /private and /public. /private passwords the server with a random alphanumeric string. /public removes the password.
+added /restoreBricks because for some stupid reason, people like to forget up and overwrite the temp.bls. /restorebricks takes base/server/temp/backup.bls and puts it in base/server/temp/temp.bls, allowing fast loads via /reloadBricks. You will have to manually create backup.bls, the game won't make it for you. (just rename temp.bls)
+/whois now accepts three inputs. None, a RP Name, and a character name. None lists all players.
+ADDED /CARRY. This tool allows you to "pick up" another player and carry them in your hands. Basically lets your rp look right. Player A uses /carry B, where B is the playername (not rpname) of the target player. you have to be within 2.5 blocks of the target. player B either does /acceptCarry or /declineCarry to accept or decline. on accept, B is placed in A's arms, and plays the 'playdead' animation which makes it look legit and stuff. player A must then do /drop to set down B. B cannot use /getDown to get down because I'm lazy. I might make this. I think B can jet to get out.
+Added rpstatus. do /status status message here to set your status. shown when someone clicks on you. clickmod taken from JazZ or Yola or yahoo or whatever the forget his name is
+Added whispers. do > before your message to whisper it. the sound travels 2 bricks.
--Modifications to /setname
+stupid parse. removes < and > from names, for idiots too illiterate to understand that basic concept. also capitalizes the first letter of the names. also automatically bans for 15 minutes.
+strips ml control characters. this means no stupidass coloured names.
+checks if the users name is in the rpname they tried to set. For example, if I do /setname Lugnut Seagull, it will deny me. If I attempt to do so again, the system will ban me for 15 mintues automatically.
+checks for swear words in rp name. I have nothing against swearing, as evidenced by this log. However, your name is not "richardbag Mcforget". You will be banned for 15 minutes for trying it.
+system saves all names when one user uses /setname. no more lost names because your neighborhood admin forgot to do /rpcsave.
+/silentSetName has a secret function: 3 word names. Do this: /silentSetName Captain Karan S'jet 1. your name will come out as "Captain Karan S'jet" instead of "Captain 'S'jet' Karan".

Quote from: post public release changes
+added a little rtb pref for what the rp name is. X has entered the... [string]. This changes the X has entered the Bluzone! message so it's custom.
+fixed ooc chat not working. Thanks padmedog.
+added a pref so you can make last names not required.

Download

Script_TelChat

This was created back when I first learned how to use TCPObjects.
  • It allows you to send messages to the ingame chat via telnet, or other plaintext programs, such as netcat, or PuTTY in raw or telnet mode.
  • [0]You can also perform basic administration functions, such as !kick and !ban.
  • Requires you to 'sign up' ingame. This prevents blockhead53581 from banning people.
  • [0]You can even escalate certain users to allow them to use eval. There is no way to accidentally do this. I take no responsibility for you "accidentally" giving a malicious user eval access who then deletes all your files with one console command. I'm also not going to tell you how to do it. If you can't figure out how, you don't need eval. Period.
  • Stores passwords in salted SHA1 hashes. Thanks DC4F. Note: If the host is a scripter, he can modify the mod to log passwords. Don't use any password you use elsewhere. I take no responsibility for lost passwords or accounts.
  • [0]Banning users ingame also removes and bans them from telchat. Congrats to Fanta for being the unlucky dumbass who was my first test-subject.

Quote from: changing room
+fixed sintax error
+added shortness limitation on password. anything shorter and it can be cracked in a reasonable amount of time.

OMG HAO 2 USE???
1. install mod
2. open port (blockland port here) + 25. if your port is 28000, open 28025 TCP.
3. run server
4. use telnet, netcat, or PuTTY to communicate with the server on (your ip here):(your chosen port here + 25 (28025)). google it.

Download

Q: Will you update these mods?
A: No. I'm going on hiatus because real life. I'll be sticking around for a week more, tops. report bugs so they can be fixed. I won't be adding major features either.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:32:22 PM by Lugnut »

Sweet! Downloading. Anyways what about the private music? Is that the weather sounds?

Been wanting this!

Added to server now.

I remember the OP saying something like

TO EARLY

please correct me if wrong

TO EARLY

Yup.

TO EARLY

keyboard forgeted up. also there was no 20pt font.
Sweet! Downloading. Anyways what about the private music? Is that the weather sounds?
um idk i'll run it by him i guess

keyboard forgeted up. also there was no 20pt font
aww, I'm wrong again

Add Eval  :cookieMonster:
Eval is 110% useless unless you're a modder. Besides, it has no place in a RP mod.

is this just the same thing that was public 3 years ago

stuff Ninja guy, you're on a roll today. Downhill that is.

is this just the same thing that was public 3 years ago
jeeeeeeeeezus

i only have a 40 line changelog

TOTALLY THE SAME THING

what, they aren't private if you release them