Poll

Which are you?

Public-schooled
81 (74.3%)
Home-schooled
28 (25.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: Public-schooled or Home-schooled?  (Read 13520 times)

I have heard of this topic before, but I would like to just point out some differences.

1. Public-schooled

Pros: More events, a bigger social world, unexpected free days (ex: Teacher planning days).

Cons: Wake up at 5-6:00 to go to school (Based on Highschool), At school usually for 8 hours and still have homework to do afterwards, tests sometimes have to be studied over the weekend, you sometimes deal with bullies.

Public-schooler types of people:

A. Cool-bro Public-schooler
Brief sentence: Sometimes a friendly person, has a couple of buddies, hangs out a lot, doesn't hate much people, might have a gf/bf.

B: Swag Public-schooler
Brief sentence: Often skips school, usually has a new gf/bf every couple of weeks, gets low grades.

C: friend Public-schooler
Brief sentence: Is often a jerk to everyone, can't keep a girlfriend, triggers fights but runs away, gets people in trouble whenever he can.

2. Home-schooled

Pros: Most often allowed to wake up around 9:00, allowed to get his/her homework done whenever he/she wants, is sometimes allowed to work on weeks worth of homework to be free all week, rarely allowed to work on entire years homework to be free all year, has more free time.

Cons: Less events to be involved in, much smaller social world.

Home-schooler types of people

A. Cool-bro Home-schooler
Brief sentence: Has a lot of friends, is involved in a lot of events, is allowed to use the internet, is allowed to play some of the M rated video games.

B: Sheltered Home-schooler
Brief sentence: Is withheld within the world, is often a bookworm, is sometimes doing advanced math by 10th grade, is rarely allowed to surf the web, is only allowed to play E games and at the most E10.

This is mostly basics. If you find a mistake or two, tell me.

Anyways, please be open to all ideas, this isn't a rant topic.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 02:12:20 PM by MillCzarr »

homeschooled because schools here suck ass

I'm public-schooled but I wish I was home-schooled.

semi-public-schooled

I've finished public school, and since I'm not going to college, I'm now home-schooled.

i guess i'm coolbro homeschooled but don't have many friends and i'm not involved in sports, but it's not like i'm sheltered by my parents or anything. i surf the web and play t or m rated games mostly

Homeschooled

Although somewhere in between Sheltered and CoolBro

Not involved in sports, and choose for the sake of my well being, to not play gory or overly violent games. I love a good clean book, and trust me, I get unexpected days off.

add a captn and darkness homeschooled section

I most closely fit "Cool-Bro Public-schooler," except I'm no longer in school. Also, you need an option for private schools.

homeschooled but i don't think i fit into either of the types

i don't have friends irl, i have a few friends online, i'm allowed to spend a lot of time online, i don't like sports, and uh
idk

I most closely fit "Cool-Bro Public-schooler," except I'm no longer in school. Also, you need an option for private schools.

Well private schools mostly fit in the section public school, mostly because all of the same stuff goes on. Want me to say "Public/Private-schooler"?

Finished public school. In college now.

i'm homeschooled and i guess i'm somewhere between "cool-bro" and "sheltered" homeschooler? i'm allowed to play M rated games because my dad's mostly okay with it, but i'm not allowed in any sports because the schools here don't allow homeschoolers to participate in stuff like band, sports, etc. i'm not sheltered from the outside world though and my parents are perfectly okay with me using the internet.
i'm also in really advanced math for my grade level and i love reading books