yes
10 (40%)
yes
2 (8%)
yes
0 (0%)
no (yes)
3 (12%)
wtf wat a ripof gay gam i want refund!!!!!!!! (yes)
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Cortex Command - NOW ON STEAM  (Read 2906 times)

shamelessly using an old as hell OP

What is it?

It's a physics-based 2D side-scrolling shooter with crabs, pixel graphics, crabs, mod ability, crabs, lots of gamemodes, crabs...

Screenshots

Story

Earth was over.

Once peaceful, our world was awash in bloodshed, wracked by wars backed by holy men. It was humanity's darkest hour, and the boldest decisions were simply all we had left.

Forged in the rush of war, a curious symbiosis between man and machine formed. Our numbers bleeding away, technology enabled the survivors to control robots and clones from safety. And in the end, we found our bodies an obsolete constraint, and cast them off. Brain and mind interfaced with machines, we became more spirit than flesh-- one person living through many bodies.

And in this new form we attained escape from the corpse of our world. Interstellar rocket ships for the decades-long flights to reach new worlds became common once life support for entire bodies was unnecessary.

Fleeing into the dark unknown, humanity discovered it was not alone, but also not important. Humanity struggled for acceptance in this alien community, eventually forging the Orion Spur Amalgam. Interstellar trade flourished, and with it came rapid expansion. As the era of faster-than-light dawned, humanity could live again in peace and prosperity.

But human nature wasn't cast off as easily. For every city and space station compounded the ever-growing hunger for resources. Worlds were stripped in civilized sectors where law ensured conquest by the highest bidder. So all eyes turned outward, to star systems where no law existed but what you could enforce.

As the gold rush brings commanders from several rival groups to one such world beyond the far eastern fringes of the OSA, all prepare to assume... Cortex Command.

Links

Recommended Mods:
uhhh NONE

Discuss.

It's great to see it finally finished

recommended mod: Unitec

Where do I go to redeem a steam key from the hib?

Where do I go to redeem a steam key from the hib?
have you tried the datarealm forums, i think they have some info there

edit: i took a look there for you, separate steam keys for CC has been added to the Humble Bundle pages
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 04:35:33 PM by WOLFPACK2 »

version 1.0

where OMA diggers only is even more impossible

Eeeee, it's nice to see game on Steam.

I would like to suggest the DarkStorm mod, but I believe it hasn't updated in a while.

Somebody gift it to me pweeeeeeeeeese

[hipster]
I bought the game before it was on steam...
[/hipster]

Very fun game, why on Earth did I stop playing it?

I remember why now.

Finding the login page is ridiculously convoluted.

i've got my steam key for this but uh where do I go on steam to redeem the key to get the game?

i've got my steam key for this but uh where do I go on steam to redeem the key to get the game?

Library, add a game, activate a product on steam

i recommend no mods because they're all bad