Fillcan Fix: Face Error

Author Topic: Fillcan Fix: Face Error  (Read 5785 times)

F.F. (loving Finally)

Does this only fix that one problem, or did you also fix up the code? I tried to do a community fix of Fillcan to be more efficient, but no one wanted to input their own fixes. I'm sure I didn't make it the best it could be, so I didn't want to release it in that state.

Edit: I just checked the code, and it turns out my community fix one I was working on already fixed this problem by centralizing all variables to a specific fillcan hierarchy. Why can't we finish it?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:33:38 AM by MegaScientifical »

Does this only fix that one problem, or did you also fix up the code? I tried to do a community fix of Fillcan to be more efficient, but no one wanted to input their own fixes. I'm sure I didn't make it the best it could be, so I didn't want to release it in that state.

Edit: I just checked the code, and it turns out my community fix one I was working on already fixed this problem by centralizing all variables to a specific fillcan hierarchy. Why can't we finish it?

Yes, this only fixes that one problem as an addition to the base Fillcan. From how the Fillcan works now, I don't think the code needs much more work. Unless the Fillcan has some kind of console spam error that I'm unaware of, I don't see a need to change the code.

What does your recoding change or enhance?
Edit: Ill read the topic.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:59:32 PM by Mr.Noßody »

I found a lot of unnecessary loops and repetitive code and optimized that. Apparently it slightly improved the performance. But I wasn't releasing it because I was sure you could optimize it more - I just wasn't sure how best to do it. I was hoping someone else could fill that in, and I did say they'd get most, if not all, of the credit. I just wanted to clean up Fillcan because it just comes off so sloppy. It never really got refined.

I found a lot of unnecessary loops and repetitive code and optimized that. Apparently it slightly improved the performance. But I wasn't releasing it because I was sure you could optimize it more - I just wasn't sure how best to do it. I was hoping someone else could fill that in, and I did say they'd get most, if not all, of the credit. I just wanted to clean up Fillcan because it just comes off so sloppy. It never really got refined.

Well, just to clarify, I was not the one to actually make the fix. This edit was all []---[]'s doing, he just gave me permission to update the Fillcan and release it with his content. All credit to him for the fix.

My question is how well scrubbed is it right now and is it functional at this time?
I'd suggest remaking a topic for it asking for added code cleaning.
My own coding skills range from limited to extremely limited. I would love to see an optimized Fillcan.

I don't remember who that is - That is a weird name. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the version I put up is functional and as optimized as I could get it at the time. I have revived the topic for further review - I'm hoping we can pass this through.

I don't remember who that is - That is a weird name. It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the version I put up is functional and as optimized as I could get it at the time. I have revived the topic for further review - I'm hoping we can pass this through.

Sounds good.

However I've already jumped the gun and released this small fix as "Fill Can II" on RTB. It hast been accepted and now I hope it's not.
If this version takes the slot/name, I could update the file I provided to have all the updates and features so it keeps the name "Fill Can II" adding credit where due.

I've seen cases where Ephi (or whoever managed the Add-Ons section at the time) would replace a popular, abandoned Add-On with a fixed version before. If anything, someone might just put it in place of the old fillcan to promote the fix. In that case, a further optimized version shouldn't be hard to set out as long as it is understood to be... I don't know, somewhat better?

Point being, that's fine.

Yes but unfortunately that is entirely up to the mercy of Ephi. He and his moderators may or may not remove and replace it just because they don't feel like doing it. I certainly hope they do, but if they don't you can always release it as the Fill Can II.

Well, all the version yours does is change some variables and commands to work on unique variables, instead of overwriting default ones and screwing everything up. I don't see why he wouldn't put it out as an update to Fillcan on that system.