Author Topic: 2012/10/05 - Blockland r1744  (Read 34696 times)

you know that the client GUI can only fit so many categories
right?
The tab shifting brick selector should be made default. It would really help out a lot of new, confused players.

Most Brick Add-Ons should be able to make use of the default tabs.
yeah, it's really annoying when brick add-ons use their own tab when they don't need to, like "Username's Bricks"

I'd rather have some flora bricks/foliage bricks than inverted ramps.

The tab shifting brick selector should be made default. It would really help out a lot of new, confused players.
Which is why that brick category tab scroller add-on should be integrated into the default.

we didn't need this at all
just change the first event line on the door to the correct event
then it works

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:02:21 PM by Badspot »

we didn't need this at all
just change the first event line on the door to the correct event
then it works

Yes we did you idiot.
Just because there's a workaround doesn't mean a fix isn't needed.

Hey, is there any way to put antialiasing on brick shadows? I put on antialiasing for blockland but it's not affecting shadows.

Hey, is there any way to put antialiasing on brick shadows? I put on antialiasing for blockland but it's not affecting shadows.
That's because it's not an aliasing issue
You'll notice that if you zoom in you can see the curves on the shadows, and you'll notice that the edges of the shadows are actually anti-aliased

Anti-aliasing is for 3d objects.  There is no form of anti-aliasing that will directly edit a texture or something like cascaded shadows to smooth them (Maybe FXAA could do this, but it couldn't make it look smoother up close).

That's because it's not an aliasing issue
You'll notice that if you zoom in you can see the curves on the shadows, and you'll notice that the edges of the shadows are actually anti-aliased
For some reason the shadows that Kompressor posted are anti-aliased correctly. I wonder why he removed the anti-aliasing

Probably because it was really slow, like the old shadow method when they were first released.

Alright, I'm really curious about the numbering system here. Are the other changes that really minuscule that they're not being listed?

What I'm saying is, why did the revision number jump up three revisions?
Every revision number going up is probably Badspot compiling the source code and then testing it.

Every revision number going up is probably Badspot compiling the source code and then testing it.
Do you guys get that the changed thing was an add-on?

Do you guys get that the changed thing was an add-on?

The change fixed a conflict the game itself had with JVS. This isn't a game version that solely deals with an independent add-on.

why he removed the anti-aliasing
You get the same effect when taking a DOF screenshot, that picture is a DOF screenshot.