Force Music Download

Author Topic: Force Music Download  (Read 1219 times)

Hello,

Would it be possible to kick users who don't enable music download? I want to stage a server with 1 music file that is crucial to a build and the minigame.

I'd like to know:

- If an add-on like this exists
- If one can be made
- What your opinion is on a mod like this, if you think its unethical to force users

Thanks

EDIT:

I'd like to rephrase this post.

What about an add-on that kicks you unless you have a certain music file? I know there are mods which do this if you haven't downloaded a GUI file.

That way, the user could go and download the file. Or if they already have it, they could still join with music download off to avoid waiting for any other music files you have.

A lot more reasonable.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 02:40:56 AM by Sheath »

I want this very badly.
Also a Server-wide music brick to go along with it

I do really really want this
Also a Server-wide music brick to go along with it
Code: [Select]
AudioMusicLooping3d.is3d = 0;
AudioMusicLooping3d.referenceDistance = 999999;
AudioMusicLooping3d.maxDistance = 999999;

What about an add-on that kicks you unless you have a certain music file? I know there are mods which do this if you haven't downloaded a GUI file.

That way, the user could go and download the file. Or if they already have it, they could still join with music download off to avoid waiting for any other music files you have.

A lot more reasonable.

For some reason, I always hear the server host's music even though I don't have download music enabled.

For some reason, I always hear the server host's music even though I don't have download music enabled.
It is either default music, or you have the music downloaded in your folder.

this would be a good idea

A lot more reasonable.
Would require a client sided code as well.

Would require a client sided code as well.

Uh well as I said, people have servers that check for GUI and kick if you don't have their GUI. So this shouldn't be hard.

Uh well as I said, people have servers that check for GUI and kick if you don't have their GUI. So this shouldn't be hard.

the gui code has a clientsided handshake

Seems like something I could implement into BLG, although it would require the client to have BLG which is hassle considering we only have ~175 active users.

Seems like something I could implement into BLG, although it would require the client to have BLG which is hassle considering we only have ~175 active users.
Speaking of BLG when are you going to fix the RTB notifications not showing? I think Mold brought this up on the topic but I don't think it was ever addressed.

Speaking of BLG when are you going to fix the RTB notifications not showing? I think Mold brought this up on the topic but I don't think it was ever addressed.
I'm pretty sure this has been fixed in the most recent push on Github, but as I don't get many notifications I haven't been able to test it. I'll push the update now and let you guys play around with it.

It is either default music, or you have the music downloaded in your folder.

It's neither of these things.