Author Topic: Deathmatch Classic  (Read 1794 times)

About:
Copied from wiki:
Deathmatch Classic or DMC is a multiplayer video game developed by Valve as a tribute to Quake. It was released on June 1, 2001
DMC was conceived by Valve as a tribute to id Software, and is essentially a remake of the multiplayer component of id's Quake.  The gameplay is similar to Quake deathmatch, with essentially the same weapons (except the one for melee combat, which is Half-Life's trademark crowbar instead of the original axe), armour and power-ups. DMC also imitates Quake's physics, which allows an advanced player to gain a lot of extra speed or jump very high by using a number of movement skills such as bunny hopping and rocket jumping.

Myself:
For such an under-populated tribute game it's still pretty fun and to be honest, I like it more than quake.  But quake is also fun and I do play it occasionally..  Arena type games have always been so fascinating to me but DMC is one of my favorites. I already have a map in progress and server up for it.  I already got Electrk and a few others into playing this game. :cookieMonster:

My server on DMC: 71.12.194.145:27015
I highly suggest you download the map pack I have on there and below so you don't sit there loading for 2 hours.

Links:
Deathmatch Classic on Steam ($4.99)

Wiki

Download map pack (Install and play):
Download - Recommended (filesmelt)

Download map pack (Maps in zip files):
Download - Whole pack of maps, but separate installers (filesmelt)

My site mostly about DMC

..so, anyone else happen to play it much or at all?
Bionic Commando has a moustache and he is growing boobs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:32:12 PM by Isjix »

It's an underrated game
So sad no one plays it :c

It's an underrated game
So sad no one plays it :c
the game is so dead even if you talk about it the chat is dead :cookieMonster:

the game is so dead even if you talk about it the chat is dead :cookieMonster:

Yeah :/

109 views and the only replies are by us.

Oh hey it's only 4.99, might get this

it looks really a really fun classic game, (no pun intended lol)
i have it installed i should play it

I have a server up maybe getting few people there since it's rare for this game to have many real players

It's a fun game, it's just that almost no one plays it anymore.

And if you want to make maps for it, I'm sure Isjix or I would be willing to help you get the old Hammer installed.

It's a fun game, it's just that almost no one plays it anymore.

And if you want to make maps for it, I'm sure Isjix or I would be willing to help you get the old Hammer installed.
gonna make a tutorial later