Author Topic: Starting a server should be disabled to the user if they haven't port-forwarded.  (Read 1732 times)

I joined in v19.

nuuub

v15 ftw

but yes I'd like this support complete

might even /supportcake

No, he's saying that you don't need to port forward. Just make sure that UPnP is enabled.

OR you could just port forward!
What would happen if I deleted my router's port-forward settings for Blockland and adjusted my in-game UPnP?

Just try to get both working as best as they can. Then users without UPnP could join via ports and those with enabled UPnP via just UPnP. However, some routers don't seem to support it, I had some trouble connecting to the auth servers on RB:Vegas 2 with UPnP enabled on my old router. Better somehow test it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:01:14 AM by Snick0rz »

Updated the OP, because I forgot to say that you should still be able to start a single-player server.

nuuub

v15 ftw

but yes I'd like this support complete

might even /supportcake
Nuuub
v8 Ftw.

Anyway, I somewhat support this and somewhat disagree.

There have been times, even before blockland supported UPnP that people were able to join my server without me port-forwarding.
There have also been times when I had port forwarded and nobody was able to join.

Get it in your HEADS!
http://www.blockland.us/img/Blockland-v14-Released.html
Quote from: v14
Version 14 is out.

The main new feature is that port forwarding is no longer necessary for most people.

Enjoy hosting your own server.
Adding this feature you people are supporting would basically undo v14. Less servers, more anger, etc.

/nosupport
/badidea
/genericcommandwtf

Get it in your HEADS!
http://www.blockland.us/img/Blockland-v14-Released.html

Adding this feature you people are supporting would basically undo v14. Less servers, more anger, etc.

/nosupport
/badidea
/genericcommandwtf

Then, what the forget do I do to be able to host?

what i do is i dont use many add-ons

then the problem is getting people to actually see your server and bother to try to join

Then, what the forget do I do to be able to host?
Enable UPnP on your router. For most routers, it should be enabled by default, though.

There's a program called "Portmapper" that acts like you're opening ports via UPnP. You don't need your router's admin password to do it, either.

To test if your port forwarded or whatever, couldnt you get in-game server search, find your server and look for any signs off ping?

No ping
No players
No service

Nuuub
v8 Ftw.

Anyway, I somewhat support this and somewhat disagree.

There have been times, even before blockland supported UPnP that people were able to join my server without me port-forwarding.
There have also been times when I had port forwarded and nobody was able to join.

Nuuub
vanilla Ftw.

Use this link to check if your server is online.