Author Topic: Blankland - a new texture set  (Read 3582 times)

Since the S&S update i didn't even think about changing textures anymore. :)
Your fault

Default textures are still ugly garbage and glow

Said like a boss.

I think this would work better for when you're actually hosting a server, not when you're building one.

Your fault

dont glow anymore and look fine
you're an idiot

This looks very blank! :cookieMonster:

OT: Nice job. Useful for certain builds

1. Download these files to base/data/shapes, overwrite the old
2. Select them, right click
3. Click Properties and read-only
4. Start game and be happy
moldstop

you're scaring the children

how about you people do which way you personally think is better and have that be the end of it
of course we all know that isn't going to happen

Your fault

Fault? You say that like it's a bad thing. They look good imo, and only glow if you have shaders off

That's so huge bullstuffe where did you pull that bullstuffe from
Except it's the most efficient way and doesn't mess up anything like stuffty user crap alfa
Badspot has banned users in the Help Section for telling people how to bypass launcher Texture overwrites.

He said making Read Only files in you Blockland folder is a bad idea because it can forget up updates.

He doesn't want people telling other people either and until we have flawless Texture addons that don't forget up anything I don't think it will work right but then again it is your copy of Blockland so if you forget something up and the reason was you made something read only its not our fault.

Badspot has banned users in the Help Section for telling people how to bypass launcher Texture overwrites.
link

Also, build some random brick wall.
Paint it with a pitch black color.
Default textures = you still see stuffty lines
Skills textures = you get an awesome black shadeless surface lust like you wanted

Also, build some random brick wall.
Paint it with a pitch black color.
Default textures = you still see stuffty lines
Skills textures = you get an awesome black shadeless surface lust like you wanted
Thanks for telling us that?
Also IMO, I like those lines. Just because I like legos, and this game reminds me of them. And that's why I bought the game.
Again, it's only my opinion.

That's so huge bullstuffe where did you pull that bullstuffe from
Except it's the most efficient way and doesn't mess up anything like stuffty user crap alfa
UCA doesn't mess anything up, and

If you do that, you WILL forget up the game.  What's going to happen is I'm going to have to make an update to one of the default add-ons and it's not going to work and everyone is going to blame me when it is really 100% your dumbass fault.  All I want to be able to do is update my own goddamn loving addons and friends like you ruin it all because you can't be bothered to learn how to program stuff properly.  Go ahead and do it but don't be surprised when future versions of the game tell you to forget off because your files are read-only. 

totally ripping off what i did for my borg server much

UCA doesn't mess anything up, and
UCA is much worse than the read-only trick. While the read-only trick is pretty much only possible because Torque doesn't have a proper error handling system, it's much better than the way UCA does it.
Oh, and yes, UCA does cause many more write cycles for SSD hard-drives, shortening their lifespan (since every overridden file is rewritten 2 times per launch, which also means that it's slower).

UCA is much worse than the read-only trick. While the read-only trick is pretty much only possible because Torque doesn't have a proper error handling system, it's much better than the way UCA does it.
Oh, and yes, UCA does cause many more write cycles for SSD hard-drives, shortening their lifespan (since every overridden file is rewritten 2 times per launch, which also means that it's slower).
And this is why I don't change my textures anymore. Shaders make it look fine