Poll

STOP BEING SO GOOD AT ART

YEAH
8 (28.6%)
NAH, CONTINUE
20 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: [124x70] Menen the First - Go read Time Force and support my sister  (Read 46261 times)

Swholi, no offence, but your guns are so flat looking. You need some color tones to make it look not so boring.

Swholi, no offence, but your guns are so flat looking. You need some color tones to make it look not so boring.
This.

So how would you suggest I change it up in the two to three pixles width I have to work with?

Or have you forgotten this is 100x70. Because two tones are about all I can get away with without looking horribly out of the style and/or overly detailed

Edit: I have exactly 20 pixels to work with for the hand gun.

Please explain how to make a sprite of only 20 pixels look "less flat."
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:31:15 PM by Swholli »

add some shading on the handle
add the little hammer thing to the back (+1 or 2 pixels)

just ignore them, the guns look fine.

Yea I gues that its hard to make a good looking gun in 20 pixels. Never mind what I said b4.

Yea, get a scope on the parapistol and get 30 bullets plus the sack.

no offense but they're flat imo

11x4, 26 pixels

less fat handle, 25 pixels

more barrel

i am satisfied, 22 pixels

just so you know you don't need to stay within a fixed set of pixels to have your gun look good
but then again it's my opinion haha
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:04:22 AM by Cybertails1998 »

^ those are better lookin guns.

In fact, you don't even really need to modify your base designs so much as you need to add shading. Just change the color tone a bit and it'll be good.

no offense but they're flat imo

-gunssnap-

just so you know you don't need to stay within a fixed set of pixels to have your gun look good
but then again it's my opinion haha

Make a lovey gun sprite sheet <3

Please someone explain how cybertails' guns are any different than mine?

And not to mention:

This is still the old west, guns look like this.

You're all upset because my guns don't look "cool" enough for you, but pixels are limited. Cybertails' gun looks exactly like mine. There's no shading in the handle, and the barrel is still two pixels tall.

His guns look like they'd fit well in a futuristic styled environment, but in the old west you had two kinds of handcannons:  your rifle and your revolver.

I mean, sure, the Gatling gun has been invented at this point and we might see that a little later, but I'm seeing no difference in level of "not-flatness" between our drawings and so I'm sticking with making the guns the way I see fit.

Edit: seriously, please explain how to make this gun with such a small pixel size, I beg of you.

Cause this ain't no Japanese RPG and we aren't having no pansy ass giant swords (or guns).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:15:33 PM by Swholli »

Cybertail's guns have shading. As little as it seems, it makes a world of difference in terms of sprite quality.
If you're gonna make a big fussy about it, fine. Don't shade them. They look pretty okay as is. But little details like slight color gradients look really good in a final product.
Not trying to put you down here, just saying.

Cybertail's guns have shading. As little as it seems, it makes a world of difference in terms of sprite quality.
If you're gonna make a big fussy about it, fine. Don't shade them. They look pretty okay as is. But little details like slight color gradients look really good in a final product.

I'm not taking offense to any of this, by the way, I'm not Yosher.

However, I don't see how you guys don't see the shading I put in my weapons. Note the same use of two tones: grey and dark grey.

Mine as well as his have that. I don't... I don't see what else you expect me to do.

Uh, neither of them have shading. You people are going full out autismal over how a simple item looks. Just drop it.