Author Topic: Tombland - just wait  (Read 17785 times)

What about mummified dogs? Pretty sure Egyptians used to mummify their pets.

What about mummified dogs? Pretty sure Egyptians used to mummify their pets.
I ate all the organs.

todays checklist:

1. break damage - check
2. fail miserably when trying to make something - check
3. or actually succeed at the above but cant test since damage broke for mysterious reasons - check
4. get angry and go to ragesleep - check

i have to hold the NOTCONFIRMED public test until i get the thing done i want to do.

sorry ;_;

todays checklist:

1. break damage - check
2. fail miserably when trying to make something - check
3. or actually succeed at the above but cant test since damage broke for mysterious reasons - check
4. get angry and go to ragesleep - check

i have to hold the NOTCONFIRMED public test until i get the thing done i want to do.

sorry ;_;
I hope to get a couple of changes in today
one of them being..
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE INFINITE MONEYS!! YAY!

But seriously, just support for sijdvnevhuge cash ammounts incase one of you intrepid eshplorers manages to get over 1 million cash, some work on the doges item, and maybe a confirm box for buying.

Upvote Tomblands on /r/Blockland!

EDIT The person who gets the 5th upvote gets a private viewing of the mod a few days before release :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:47:43 PM by Brian Smithers »

Greetings members of the universe we call: this one! I have been added to the project as the item/weapon designer (Gameplay ideas as well), as such, my focus will be on making the loot and gear you use as funtastic as possible. Features that I will employ are as follows:

• Varaible Loot - Basically a borderlands-esk system for loot generation, AKA weapons thatvary statistically from one another, so you can choose which one you prefer using. This feature also adds a level of freshness to each tomb/dungeon you raid. Each weapon will vary statistically in:
    • Firerate (Swing rate, bow sling rate, spear charge rate, etc.)
    • Damage (Paaaiiinnnnnn)
    • Knockback (When you hit an enemy, it pushes them back a bit.)
    • Range (How far It can hit stuff.)
    • Critical Hit Chance (Scoring that special attack that does bonus damage.)
    • Critical Hit Damage (How much more damage.)
    • Enchantments (Rarer loot has some kind of enchantment, sometimes these are inate,other times these allow special abilities.)
  • Armor Revamp - Armor will have a few key features, these (like with the weapons) willvary statistically when any type of armor is spawned.
    • Protection (% of damage negated from each blow against the player)
    • Deflection (% chance of damage to be completely ignored)
    • Durability (Lifetime, armor will eventually become worn out, generally based on material.)
    • Enchantments (Rarer loot has some kind of enchantment, sometimes these are inate,other times these allow special abilities.)
  • Durability - Eventually all items will wear down or become unusable. With the case of armor, armor will become "battered" or "destroyed" the more damage it takes. In the case of weapons, items will simply become ineffecient, dulled, unstrung, etc. Weapons willnever be destroyed however, this is a result of the premise that, in order to obtainloot, you need to be able to kill things, in order to kill things, you have to have a weapon. Although getting newer more powerful weapons, is something to be encouraged.
  • Enchantments - Items have a chance to be "enchanted" when they are created. Enchantmentsvary from inate bonuses, to special abilities. With each inate ability, it has an effectiveness (Dmg/Duration) and a % chance to work. Some basic Inate Weapon enchantmentsare as follows:
    • Fire (This weapon has the chance to ignite enemies on impact.
    • Leech (This weapon has the chance to add a % of the damage dealt to the player'shealth. Basically steals health.)
    • Stun (This weapon has the potential to stun opponents, or disorient them, making them more valnerable to attack.
    • Mark of Death (Weapon has a chance to mark the enemy with an omen of bad luck, whilethe omen is active, the enemy takes more damage from all forms of attack.
    Some Inate Armor enchantments:
    • Spell Guard (If the enemy attacks you with an enchanted weapon, you have a chance tonegate its effects.)
    • Thorn (The armor has the potential to cause spike damage to the enemy, AKA, if attacked, the attacker has a chance to be harmed in the process.)
    • Memory (A weird hybrid of the thorn and Mark of death. If you are attacked, theenemy has the potential to be marked for death.)
    Active Weapon Abilities are abilities that are activated using the Jet key, these will often have cooldown times, and the abilities are unique.
    • Dash (This allows you to dash forward at your enemy.)
    • Charge (This allows a player to charge his next attack with a 100% critical hit chance.)
    • Impulse (The weapon produces a shockwave beneath your feet, knocking back all nearbyenemies.)
    • Rage (For a short amount of time you are immune to damage, and your weapons dealdouble. During the cooldown, your damage is halfed, and you take twice as much damage.)
  • Legendary Gear - With all of this customization, you'd think that the odds of you findinga REALLY cool item are pretty low. Well, they are, but there is also another feature called "Legendary Weapons." These are weapons with utterly unique stats. Often featuring some unique power or feature that sets them apart from every other generic form of a weapon. These will often have their own custom models. Legendary gear is also incredibly valueble, so selling it to a vender will earn you quite a large amount of gold.

Spade says OK, these are subject to change and have other things added. Tis just to give you all a good idea what's going on.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:08:11 PM by Rykuta »

A minimap would be really great.

wow

its like a whole other game

I agree with Soba. The player moves too fast. Couldn't you make that an upgrade or a spell?

Rykuta, there is a serious problem with that plan, you can't have different item names without having different datablocks.

...and we don't have 8 bazillion datablocks to work with.

Rykuta, there is a serious problem with that plan, you can't have different item names without having different datablocks.

...and we don't have 8 bazillion datablocks to work with.
I have already solved that :3

I have already solved that :3
I mean what is circled in the below picture. That cannot be dynamically changed without creating a new datablock.

I mean what is circled in the below picture. That cannot be dynamically changed without creating a new datablock.
So don't change it, the UINames are simply for displaying the type of weapon, not the weapon specifics.
Those will be handled with the weapon's stat displaying system.

Spade has yet to inform me of wether this will be a CMD or if a GUI will be designed.

Randomize starting weapon(s) and gold please.

Spade has yet to inform me of wether this will be a CMD or if a GUI will be designed.

We decided that its best to keep the simple inventory, so CMD.

Randomize starting weapon(s) and gold please.

Random starting gold? not quite sure on that.

And yes the players will be made slower.

And a minimap...         
maybe, maybe..

Tomorrow is the day you asked for guys!

The first public test day!

And here is some info about it:

The server will be quite limited on players, maybe only like 6-8 max.
This is because the tomb will get quite crowded with even 4 players so..

This will be solved in future by diving people into parties of 4 :

1. player 1 joins
2. he joins team0 since it has 3 players
3. player 2 joins
4. team1 will be created since team0 was full and with that a whole new tomb will be created far away from the other
5. etc

this is the thing ive been trying to make yesterday and today and its almost done... just that it has some bugs that im afraid crash the server.

I will however try to quickly fix it tomorrow morning before starting the server so maybe we will have that function going on and raise the max player limit.

The player limit is also low because my internet can't hold that much people even if my computer could AND I live in Finland and thats pretty far away from the majority of Blocklanders.

This will be solved in future with some of the hosting services Blockland now seems to have. probably

Remember that this is nowhere near a finished product so don't except too much from it.