Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service  (Read 66619 times)

Can we get some more screenshots of RTB's new look? I'm kind of more interested in that right now.

Heheh.

Can we get some more screenshots of RTB's new look? I'm kind of more interested in that right now.
Wha?

I think their new look is phenomenal.

EDIT:

wowe harsh
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 12:21:09 PM by Trinick »

However much I love bootstrap, we didn't end up using it. Might have borrowed a coupla styles from it though!

I didn't see this on the front page and I thought someone deleted it. I'm comforted by the fact it's still here.

Got another page to show you guys. From here you can upload saves from your computer and load them into your server, or you can pick one of the 10 most recently taken automatic saves to load instead. I'm sure everyone knows that uploading a save ingame can take a fairly long time. Using this interface you can upload the largest saves (256k bricks) in less than 30 seconds.

Automatic saving is also another feature we've not discussed much. There's an interface to allow you to enable or disable it, as well as change the regularity and decide whether or not to inform players that it's saving. The automated saving has been written in such a way that it's entirely transparent to the server and causes no lag at all for players in the server. A normal save would lock up the server for a few seconds as you've probably noticed. As mentioned above, your automatic saves can be loaded into the server from this page or you can download them to your own computer instead.

In addition to the automatic saving, there's also an option to load the most recent auto-save into your server if it crashes and you've got auto-reboot enabled.

More updates coming soon!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:20:12 AM by Ephialtes »

Holy stuff that sounds amazing.

Have to say, I played no part in the autosaving and I was pretty amazed with how brilliantly it works and is implemented, don't think dedicated autosaving with zero lag up to any amount of bricks has ever been done before?

Have to say, I played no part in the autosaving and I was pretty amazed with how brilliantly it works and is implemented, don't think dedicated autosaving with zero lag up to any amount of bricks has ever been done before?
Is it the first server-sided saving that does actually work

Is it the first server-sided saving that does actually work
Probably lol, I've never found one that works well. Not only does it work but it goes further by having no lag too, it really is incredibly well designed and written.

Will this replace the broken one in the next release of RTB?

Will this replace the broken one in the next release of RTB?
It uses external processing so I doubt it, would be Ephis call.