1 (2.3%)
Nintendocore/Chiptune
3 (7%)
Metalcore/Hardcore
6 (14%)
Black Metal
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Metal Music Megathread - Sponsoring forum musicians now!  (Read 13234 times)

Sunn 0))) is a really cool doom metal band I've been getting into as of recent

Thrash Metal > Glam metal IMO
Yes

Just saying there's nothing really wrong with them, just that his expectations were kind of wrong.

Folk metal: "Somehow we're loving brutal with flutes and fiddles"

I prefer celtic to viking folk metal bands, personally. Viking folk tends to be more like power metal with growl vocals than really folk, celtic folk tends to have a lot more focus on the folk aspect than the metal. Case in point: Eluveitie

Fun fact: I didn't know the hurdy gurdy was a real thing until I found Eluveitie. Hurdy gurdist

Aaaah, so hard to choose.

Just saying there's nothing really wrong with them, just that his expectations were kind of wrong.Folk metal: "Somehow we're loving brutal with flutes and fiddles"

I prefer celtic to viking folk metal bands, personally. Viking folk tends to be more like power metal with growl vocals than really folk, celtic folk tends to have a lot more focus on the folk aspect than the metal. Case in point: Eluveitie

But Heathen Foray is loving fantastic and it's all semantics.

Damn, I like a bit of everything. Don't really have a favorite. I like Sonic Mayhem and Judas Priest over most bands, but thrash is addicting.

But Heathen Foray is loving fantastic and it's all semantics.
True, but I loving love the mix of flute/fiddle/hurdy gurdy Eluveitie gets going. Not a lot of other folk metal bands have as much focus on the folk.

Damn poll is impossibru. But I have to choose so I went with Death Metal. Although, all the DM I listen to is also Prog and core.