1 (2.3%)
Nintendocore/Chiptune
3 (7%)
Metalcore/Hardcore
6 (14%)
Black Metal
1 (2.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Author Topic: Metal Music Megathread - Sponsoring forum musicians now!  (Read 13236 times)

Anyone else like Periphery besides Shadow? Bump.

I dig Periphery. i'm gonna go see them in February.

Also, I encourage you guys to look up Dub Trio. Fantastic instrumental work.

Hacktivist EP makes me moist

Oh stuff that came out? Brb buying.

Yep, on Monday. Super amazingness throughout the entire thing.

Well I'm kind of disappoint, the whole thing ran together. All they have is just BROW NOW, BRE NE NE NOW, WE NER NER WER NER NER NER NER.

Well I'm kind of disappoint, the whole thing ran together. All they have is just BROW NOW, BRE NE NE NOW, WE NER NER WER NER NER NER NER.

I wasn't expecting much out of them technically but it was their uniqueness with sound and rap that caught me the whole way through, like the end of Cold Shoulders and in Blades. Although Unlike Us and Hacktivist sound too much alike in the beginning.

I hate it when you get a song with an epic intro and then rest of the song goes to stuff with boring riffs and lyrics.

I hate it when you get a song with an epic intro and then rest of the song goes to stuff with boring riffs and lyrics.

Prog generally doesn't have this problem because its always moving and changing. Occasionally do they reuse a riff. But yeah I've seen a few of those.

Personally not a fan of Hacktivist's nu-djent thing. Hey, that's a pretty good pun.

There's an instrumental cold shoulders playthrough and I really like the riffs, but the rap just doesn't fit with full-out metal percussion. It works with a less heavy drum set, something more towards good old-fashioned heavy rock, but once you get into more technical playing it's just too much to effectively process.

I never liked rap but the EP was awesome, hooked from Unlike Us when it was on YouTube.

Also, HAARP Machine.

Glass Cloud > Periphery.

VH why did you not link this earlier asdf

Also, Corelia is pretty good if you want a lite BTBAM-esque band with some other minor influences

Holy stuff djent is spreading into obscure amp modelers for my iPad

Might just buy that pedal. I've been using an Ibanez Tube Screamer, but I want to see how good this one is.

THEY HAVE A PRESET TOO