Author Topic: One (Wo)Man, One Chapter [collaberated story]  (Read 852 times)

Hello Blockland. Here's Chrono making a topic here in your Community Projects forum.
Last time I was here... things ended suddenly.
But here I am again, bringing a wacky idea to you, the community.
We are going to write a story. But not one half a sentence at a time. Entire chapters.
But this story will not be public until it's completed. On top of that, you will not know who is writing it either.
Here's how it will go down.

You guys sign up.
I pick someone to write the first chapter via PM
I continue to pick random people from the sign-up list.
Eventually I go back to the first person to have them bring the story to an end.

So here's the rules:
1. Do not talk to anyone about what should happen with your story after your chapter. The idea of this is so that the story is changed as much as the next person wants it to change without any influence. We don't want one guy telling everyone else how it should go down.
2. The person who writes the first chapter writes the last chapter. This is to prevent the people in between coming up with sudden endings, such as "hurr a bomb falls and kills evry one the end". If it's going to end, it's getting sent back to the first person.
3. Don't change the theme. Yes, while the story should be twisted and manipulated by anyone without any influence. We don't need the character being a knight with magical powers, then in the next chapter, waltzing into a New York strip club, and then in the next one, burning aliens alive with his heat ray that he never had.
4. Don't be stupid. This really should be obvious. Your chapter will be ignored.
5. Don't make it too short or too long. A chapter needs to be at least one entire major event, so a paragraph will not be enough. However, if your chapter is pretty much a whole story itself, then it's too long. I don't expect anyone to write an actual 30-50 page chapter though, as neat as it would be.
6. Something has to happen. After our hero's battle against an alien outpost, he should be figuring out how to take down the headquarters. Not chatting with his crush and having an entire chapter dedicated to exploring an oh-so-peaceful forest while everyone else stands around with their thumbs up their asses and the aliens taking no effort to retaliate.
7. It's okay to not want to take part when it's your turn. Maybe the theme of the story isn't right for you. Maybe you got busy by the time it got to you. Just tell me that you aren't going to be continuing it and I'll find a replacement. You can even let me know that you can contribute another chapter, just not the current one.
8. There really isn't a deadline for your chapter. I don't want the story to be rushed. Just know that I'll be keeping on you here and there if it's taking long. We don't want people getting bored of the idea because one guy took 6 weeks to do his part.

The sign-up
Forum Name:
Banned from PMs?:
Other method of contact:
Willing to do first and last chapter?:

Yes, I do realize I can read your forum name on the left, but this just makes it easier for me to copy and paste everyone's info.
If you are banned from PMs, you MUST supply another method of contact.
If you aren't, you still can supply another method of contact, just in case.
As for the last question, if you re-read the rules you'll understand it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:44:38 PM by Chrono »

Forum Name: Chrono
Banned from PMs?: No
Other method of contact: No
Willing to do first and last chapter?: No

Seems interesting
Forum Name: xxxxkill
Banned from PMs?: Nope
Other method of contact: Steam, Skype.
Willing to do first and last chapter?: No.

Forum Name: PixelKid
Banned from PMs?: No
Other method of contact: No
Willing to do first and last chapter?: No

This isn't going very well. lol

Forum Name: Tomcat
Banned from PMs?: Yes
Other method of contact: Skype, steam.
Willing to do first and last chapter?: Yes.