Author Topic: why arent chat threads allowed  (Read 5044 times)

by which i mean threads that dont stick to one specific subject, and normally are more laid back
why arent they allowed?

because this loving forum is off topic you don't need an thread for off topic chat when you're in loving off topic

is there a rule saying they aren't allowed

If I understand right, you mean a general discussion topic with no actual focus? It would be a little pointless because, well, off-topic doesn't mean no topic. And I feel like you'd end up with multiple conversations going on, which would be very confusing.

because this loving forum is off topic you don't need an thread for off topic chat when you're in loving off topic
but it's nicer to be able to have a thread for less serious chat and all the others for one specific subject
many other forums do it

use a chatroom, perhaps?

but it's nicer to be able to have a thread for less serious chat and all the others for one specific subject
many other forums do it
But topics can turn into general chit-chatter it's just that topics really need a base concept to talk about. (E.g. The pony topic)

examples

the chat thread on minecraft forums
the wolfquest forums off topic topic
the many chat threads of the warriors forums

Really now, is there not a Blockland IRC channel? This is a fairly active forum, so I'd be really surprised if there weren't.

Nah, there's a user hosted tinychat room though

examples

the chat thread on minecraft forums
the wolfquest forums off topic topic
the many chat threads of the warriors forums
they're all poor quality forums and this is the best goddamn forum on the loving internet

they're all poor quality forums and this is the best goddamn forum on the loving internet
excuse u

I can vouch for this.

this so much times 100