Cities XL 2012

Author Topic: Cities XL 2012  (Read 2051 times)

A surprisingly good game with a surprisingly low level of graphic demand. Anyone play it? It's very fun.

Those being said, here's my current city which has a major traffic problem which I have no idea how the actual forget do I fix, because for some reason everyone in the city takes that one avenue, apparently.

See that red? That's the color of pain. The areas on the lower-right are basically workplaces - manufacturing, factories, farms and offices. The area on the top is the unskilled workers area, and the one on the left is the unskilled workers area. The constant problem in my city? Traffic. The 8000 people are too stupid to realise there's so many roads and all bulk up for the central avenue. This picture is quite old, and there's a third avenue from the unskilled workers to the workplaces, but to no avail.

Halp?

This game's unoptimized as stuff but so much fun.
Mods make it even better.
OP, looks like you need another road or two to connect the areas, and maybe slap down a bus system

I like the SimCity series better.

I like the SimCity series better.
Yeah, SimCity 4 still holds up great. And the music is like candy for the ears.
That said, I've never played Cities XL and I am pretty curious.

HISTORY OF MANKIND TUDORKIND

Chapter 1: The birth of Acornia, and it's subsequent fall.
The first city. Location: Delta [I think] - My first town. Reached population 8000 or so. Collapsed due to bankruptcy.

Chapter 2: The life of A.. [whatwasitsname, the city in the traffic picture]
The second city. Location: [ihavenoidea, it had a river] Reached population 10000+, collapsed due to VERY BAD ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE.

Chapter 3: The birth and life of Lakeside
The third city. Location: [lake-thing] Pop: 3000+, collaps reason: nop not yet
This city will have PRO ROADS

The problem with this game is that it's not optimized for Multi-Core CPU, after 100k population the game will decide to lag the forget up.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only complain anyone has about the game, and A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE IT.

GOTCHA. My third city was having the same fate as the first, but then I realised HOLY stuff THE GARBAGE AREAS ARE SO EXPENSIVE TO MANTAIN.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:35:43 AM by Tudoreleuu »

It's on 2nd page!
WHAT HAVE WE DONE!

Anyway, expanded history of my cities:
1. collapsed due to bankruptcy
2. collapsed due to traffic
3. collapsed due to lack of money and idiocy
4. collapsed due to CHEATING
5. collapsed due to FORGOT TO TURN OFF CHEATING
6. collapsed due to FORGOT HOW TO TURN OFF CHEATING
7. collapsed because NOWAI NOW YOU WON'T LET ME BUILD THERE?

I really wish someone will gift me this for my birthday xD.

I have the 2011 version.
Whats new in 2012?
Last time i checked 2011 was an update

Sim city 2000 and 3000 are the best, yet I haven't tried this game. Eh I might try it after I get Sim City 4. Looks cool.

I once bought and apparently some problem messed up the purchase

I kid you not, 2012 and 2011 look exactly the same.

I kid you not, 2012 and 2011 look exactly the same.
They _ARE_ exactly the same. I don't even know what the difference.

I really wish someone will gift me this for my birthday xD.
Wish simcity 5 instead, it's better imo. To come. I can't run it, gosh darn it.

I have CitiesXL 2011, and it never compared to SimCity4... I'd like to see what 2012 has to offer, though.