Author Topic: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale  (Read 1483 times)

From the gamefaqs page:

PlayStation All-stars Battle Royale is a brawl on the PlayStation 3 system like nothing that has come before it. From Kratos to Sly Cooper, Sweet Tooth to PaRappa the Rapper, PlayStation characters from all over the gaming spectrum are brought together in a fighting adventure that's both easy to play, and hard to master. The game plays out across static and interactive Sony themed environments, and features local multiplayer support as well as the ability to take the battle online for competitive multiplayer action. Just a few of the game environments include: Dreamscape (LittleBigPlanet), Sandover (Jak and Daxter), Hades (God of War), and Metropolis (Ratchet & Clank).

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is a game that obviously draws inspiration from the super smash bros. series but also manages to become its own game. Instead of knocking players off of the stage through damage percentages, players build an ap bar and are able to unleash level 1, 2, and 3 special moves to finish their foes. Characters vary from the common such as Sackboy and Kratos to the obscure such as Sir Daniel. The game has received positive reviews and has announced free download content coming early 2013.

From Gamespot:
Fans of Gravity Rush and Starhawk's lead characters--Kat and Emmett Graves, respectively--will be happy to learn that they will be selectable characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale early next year.

Kat will use her gravity-shifting powers to move around the arena and will have more focus on aerial attacks. Emmett Graves will use his signature weapons as well as summon help from above, mimicking the 'Build and Battle' system from the game he's from.

Some images:

Anyone else own this game? Personally I have enjoyed it but am a little upset that Activision would not allow Spyro and Crash Bandicoot to be included in this game. Other than that I am extremely impressed and have a lot of fun with friends in this game.

I'm upset Rayman isn't in there.
He has been on the play station systems for years. :I

Also it' very hard to tell what is going on. This is like an anti-colorblind game. They hate me.

I'm upset Rayman isn't in there.
He has been on the play station systems for years. :I
Maybe DLC someday :(

so its basically smash bro's but uglier?

is that danial from the medieval games :o

spike + parappa = god-tier classics team
we never lose

Maybe DLC someday :(
So i have to pay for my favorite game character.

What is this EA?

So i have to pay for my favorite game character.

What is this EA?
Their first dlc is supposedly free for the first two weeks of it release. Its more of an add on and less of payed content

Uub

I like how the final boss is polygon man

Their first dlc is supposedly free for the first two weeks of it release. Its more of an add on and less of payed content
What is in the DLC?

From Gamespot:
Fans of Gravity Rush and Starhawk's lead characters--Kat and Emmett Graves, respectively--will be happy to learn that they will be selectable characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale early next year.

Kat will use her gravity-shifting powers to move around the arena and will have more focus on aerial attacks. Emmett Graves will use his signature weapons as well as summon help from above, mimicking the 'Build and Battle' system from the game he's from.

Belugh

Game characters you don't really like are being added

whoopty loving doo.

Belugh

Game characters you don't really like are being added

whoopty loving doo.
Why are you still on this topic if you are just here to complain?

Why are you still on this topic if you are just here to complain?
Well i am still going to buy this.

I waiting for something interesting to pop up.