Thoughts?

It's good
37 (31.9%)
It's Bad
44 (37.9%)
FW: FW: FW: FW: FORWARD THIS OR BUSH WILL EAT A PUPPY
35 (30.2%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: WHAT friendRY IS THIS YOUTUBE  (Read 11724 times)

I got this a month or so back. YouTube doesn't seem to enjoy keeping everyone updated with the same layouts.

Mine actually changed back to the previous one randomly.

And I liked the Next Episode button for videos in the seasons system thing. The new playlist player thing was pretty cool, but the inability to turn off autoplay was annoying.

It was annoying to navigate subscriptions on the homepage, and there were tons of big, awkward white spaces.

It didn't work well with the Magic Actions plugin for Chrome (not that that's priority, as it's not made nor supported by google or anything anyway).

I just wish it'd make up its mind on which layout it wants me to use.

while I may like the layout, that's really not a valid argument

just because you're getting a free service doesn't mean it's allowed to be mediocre
Ok, yeah ignore that, ever since these new layouts youtube freezes and stuff.

i guess they're still working on a few things. :\

The problem with the new layout isn't just about how it looks, but how it functions. Why are subscriptions on a totally different webpage?

Why is Replay, Like, Dislike, etc. on comments now under comments, making them even thicker than just having the massive avatar there uselessly?

Yes, the above text is all broken up. I really don't feel up to compiling a repeated list of this crap. Sufficed to say that functionally, they removed basics of the older layouts.

What in gods name is wrong with you people the new layout looks amazing.

Everything is nice and clean and 10 times better looking that in 2008, there is no mismatched colors at all.
All of youtube matches, they only thing that could be even better is if they update the logo to reflect to the new look.

And I don't get why eveyone is asking youtube to fix it when the original owners of youtube don't even own youtube anymore.

Its google who owns it now, and I say their doing a really loving good job.

Still waiting for a like and dislike bar near the video thumbnails.

Still waiting for a like and dislike bar near the video thumbnails.
there's a chrome extension for that

i'm fine with layout changes as long as they dont make it confusing or remove features

For Firefox morons like me:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/redirector/

That seems to work. The test won't let it work, but save it and it will.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:01:07 AM by MegaScientifical »

it's okay guys they fixed the whole "other videos by user is missing" thing

I mean it's a shadow of its former self but it's there

I wish I could have this new layout.

unfortunately it appears the new playlist dongle doesn't get along with YouTubeOptions

shhhhhit

it works if I get rid of whatever's after the "&" but that's annoying, hopefully YTO updates soon

Where are you guys getting these correctly justified webpages?

Mines forgeted to hell.

you have to lower the resolution of your screen.
What in gods name is wrong with you people the new layout looks amazing.

Everything is nice and clean and 10 times better looking that in 2008, there is no mismatched colors at all.
All of youtube matches, they only thing that could be even better is if they update the logo to reflect to the new look.

And I don't get why eveyone is asking youtube to fix it when the original owners of youtube don't even own youtube anymore.

Its google who owns it now, and I say their doing a really loving good job.

too loving bad it doesn't fill up that big white space if you have a 1920x1080 monitor.

Do they even test the layouts before releasing them?