Author Topic: Moved threads, post value, statistics  (Read 1701 times)

If you post in a thread and the thread is moved to an other forum section, what is the post valued as?

I mean, if you post in GD and the thread where you posted is moved to Drama, do the post which you at first posted as a GD post get transfered to a Drama post.. statistics-wise.

Follow me here?

Not valuable to know, only curious..

Read this if you do not understand:

Currently I have 301 posts in Drama and 2852 in Off Topic

If I go and make a topic in Drama then my posts increase to 302, according to my statistics page.
But, if I post a topic in Drama that doesn't belong there, say it should be in Off Topic (or I post in a topic that is moving to a different board for the same reasons) do my statistics change when the topic is moved to Off Topic?

Will it continue to say I have "302 posts in Drama, 2852 in Off Topic", or will it remove the Drama increase and say "301 posts in Drama, 2853 in Off Topic"?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 07:37:38 AM by Sleven »

someone explain i dont get it

what do you mean by value

someone explain i dont get it

what do you mean by value

If I go and make a topic in Drama then my posts increase to 302, according to my statistics page.
But, if I post a topic in Drama that doesn't belong there, say it should be in Off Topic (or I post in a topic that is moving to a different board for the same reasons) do my statistics change when the topic is moved to Off Topic?

Will it continue to say I have "302 posts in Drama, 2852 in Off Topic", or will it remove the Drama increase and say "301 posts in Drama, 2853 in Off Topic"?

Pretty sure that is what OP is asking, yes?

'Fraid I don't really know the answer. Never really considered looking when a post of mine is moved with a topic.

probably

Oh well based on how SMF works and how they move topics the statistics get copied. Don't quote me on this.

Oh well based on how SMF works and how they move topics the statistics get copied. Don't quote me on this.

quoted and sigged

Pretty sure that is what OP is asking, yes?
ya

I think it's quite a funny, sort of, mystery. :p As people never ever check these kind of things.

Well, what do you people guess?

I don't think it copies the stats. Here is why:

I have made 7860 posts according to my stats. 7842 are viewable. Because of the time I have been posting, I am pretty sure that I have made 18 or more posts that are not viewable, especially considering that the v8 add-ons board is no longer viewable. So if anything it subtracts extra from the stats.