0 (0%)
Captain Falcon’s Twister Race
0 (0%)
Balloon Trip Breeze
0 (0%)
Central Tower's Bonus Coin Game!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Nintendo Land  (Read 2077 times)

Most information copied from the official Nintendo site.

A must-have game for WiiU.

Nintendo Land is a video game that contains many Mini-Games based on many popular Nintendo games and characters.
Many of Nintendo's most famous characters and game worlds have been recreated in charming and delightful new ways within the Nintendo Land Plaza. Patchwork backdrops, wooden and metallic replicas of classic foes, and unique new gameplay experiences will put a smile on the face of everyone from long-time Nintendo fans to players just discovering video games.
You win Coins as you play these games. You can then spend these coins on prizes at the Central Tower.

Team Attractions:
The Legend of Zelda – Battle Quest
Players: 1-4
Can play alone without the TV as an Archer.
Step into the world of Hyrule! Work together to battle enemies and retrieve the Triforce in these epic challenges, all taking place in a wide variety of Zelda-themed locations.

• Up to 4 player co-op using Wii Remote Plus controllers and the Wii U GamePad.
  • Play as an Archer with the GamePad or a Swordsman with the Wii Remote Plus controller.
  • As an Archer, use the GamePad as a viewing window into Hyrule—only possible with Wii U.

Pikmin Adventure
Players: 1-5
Can play alone without the TV as Olimar.
Take on roles of Captain Olimar or the Pikmin, and work together as you explore an alien wilderness! Fight enemies, collect nectar to level up, and defeat giant bosses in a range of fun challenges.

• Up to 5 player co-op using Wii Remote controllers and the Wii U GamePad.
  • Get your own view of the action and control Captain Olimar using the Wii U GamePad.
  • Players using Wii Remote controllers play as special Pikmin that can level up as they go.
  • Players also can play a competitive mode.

Metroid Blast
Players: 1-5
Can play alone without the TV when fighting in the air.
Enjoy an action-packed foray into the world of Metroid™, as you work together to take down alien foes and giant bosses in a deep array of sci-fi challenges. Great for more experienced gamers.

• Up to 5 player co-op using Wii Remote Plus + Nunchuk and the Wii U GamePad.
  • Use the Wii U GamePad to pilot the Gunship and get a 360 degree view on the GamePad screen.
  • Collaborate or compete as players battle in the air and on the ground in a variety of scenarios.

Competitive Attractions:
Mario Chase
Players: 2-5
Cannot play alone.
It's a chase to catch Mario! The player using the Wii U GamePad plays as Mario while other players play as Toad, working together to catch Mario in a variety of play fields.

• Anywhere from 2-5 players can play using Wii Remote controllers and the Wii U GamePad.
  • The player with the GamePad as Mario can see the location of his pursuers on the GamePad screen.
  • Players as Toad can't see the full map, and must work together to find and catch Mario.

Luigi's Ghost Mansion
Cannot play alone.
Play as a ghost tracker or the ghost as you prowl through a variety of haunted mansions! Using flashlights or your powers of fright, see who can emerge victorious.

• Anywhere from 2-5 players can play using Wii Remote controllers and the Wii U GamePad.
  • The player with the GamePad controls the ghost, with an eye on his pursuers and the ability to stun.
  • Players with Wii Remote controllers must use their flashlights to defeat the ghost, invisible on the TV.

Animal Crossing: Sweet Day
Cannot play alone.
Can the Gatekeepers protect their candy from the mischievous animals? Players will choose their roles and either be on the side of order or chaos in this hectic game of capture the candy!

• One player controls the Gatekeepers with the Wii U GamePad, with a wide view of the stage on the touch screen.
  • Other players control their animals with Wii Remote controllers, capturing as much candy as they can.

Solo Attractions:
Yoshi’s Fruit Cart
Players: 1
Cannot play fully without the TV.
Use your stylus to draw a path for the Yoshi Cart on the Wii U GamePad. You can't see the fruit on the touch screen, only on the TV—can you guide Yoshi to the fruit, and safely to the goal?

• Dozens of levels introduce obstacles and deeper challenges as you progress.
  • Use visual hints on the play field to figure out your path on the GamePad.
  • Intuitive stylus-led controls can be enjoyed by players of all levels.

Octopus Dance
Can play without the TV, but with slight impairment.
It's a Game & Watch dance party! Use your L and R sticks to mimic your dance instructor in time with the beat. Watch out for perspective flips and ink squirts trying to throw you off.

• Switch your view between the TV and the GamePad to follow the cues.
  • Simple and intuitive controls using the L and R sticks as well as tilting the GamePad — and your sense of rhythm!
  • Discover the unique dual screen gameplay, only possible on Wii U.

Donkey Kong’s Crash Course
Can play without the TV.
Carefully tilt the Wii U GamePad to guide your roller through an obstacle course filled with challenges! Can you make it to the goal in one piece?

• Use your zoomed in view on the GamePad to roll with precision.
  • See a more comprehensive view of the level on the TV screen.
  • Use motion controls to tilt the gamepad, where every angle makes a difference!

Takamaru’s Ninja Castle
Cannot play without the TV.
Fling a flurry of throwing stars at marauding ninjas using your Wii U GamePad. Learn secret techniques and hit consecutive ninjas to earn combo points in this fast-paced arcade action game!

• Unique new gameplay has you holding the GamePad vertically and sensing your throwing speed.
  • The GamePad touch screen becomes your stock of ninja stars—then watch them fly on the TV!
  • An array of levels, new techniques, and boss fights pack a ton of content into this attraction.

Captain Falcon’s Twister Race
Your Wii U GamePad becomes a racing machine as you maneuver through a futuristic racetrack inspired by the classic F-Zero game! Balance steering and speed to finish in record time.

• Get a whole new birds-eye view on the track from your GamePad.
  • Switch between viewing your GamePad and the TV to avoid obstacles.
  • Motion controls let you simply tilt the GamePad to steer your racing machine.

Balloon Trip Breeze
Use the Wii U GamePad to create gusts of wind, and guide your Mii on an epic balloon ride through the sky! Dodge spiked obstacles and floating foes to get to your island goal.

• Get a high score collecting balloons, defeating enemies, and delivering special packages.
  • Using your stylus on the touch screen of the GamePad, direct the wind to propel your Mii.
  • Zoom in on the action with the GamePad for precise control, and get a full view on the TV.

Other Things:
Central Tower
This is the main hub of the Nintendo Land Plaza, and a place where you can quickly choose any attraction to play. It's also where you can access a bonus game, where you can spend coins earned in the attractions to play for prizes.

Prizes
As you play attractions, you'll earn coins for participation and certain achievements. These coins can be spent in a 8-bit pachinko-style game in the Central Tower. Earn enough coins, and you can redeem them for Nintendo-themed prizes that will show up in the Nintendo Land Plaza for you to interact with!

Attraction Gates
Walk right up to an attraction gate in the Nintendo Land Plaza to play any game you wish. Each unique gate gorgeously represents the game world you are about to enter—from Mario to Metroid, Zelda, and more.

Attraction Tour
The Attraction Tour is a fun way for you and your friends to enjoy the plaza together. Take turns playing randomly selected attractions to compete for a high score.

Miiverse
Miiverse is an online community built in to every Wii U console. When you have it activated in your Nintendo Land game, your plaza will be populated by your friends' and family's Mii characters! The crowd of visitors from all around the world is a big part of what makes Nintendo Land the ultimate theme park experience. Visiting Mii characters travel to your Nintendo Land plaza via Miiverse and appear in your plaza, where you can view their information and comment on their posts. You can also make your own posts about the game or post announcements to let the world know you’ve earned a new stamp, collected a pile of Nintendo Land coins, or accomplished something else that will impress your friends.

Discuss!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:18:58 AM by Christopher P. »

The Game Grumps episodes of this game make me want it. And a WiiU.
The LoZ minigame thing looks awesome with the, as Jon puts it "1 to 1 sword motion tracking".

The Game Grumps episodes of this game make me want it. And a WiiU.

oh man this

the thought of even playing a WiiU hadn't even crossed my mind until NintendoLand came up in my subscription box and fuuuuuuuck

Before I even owned a WiiU I had no idea five players were even possible.

I don't really want this game, because I'm the only one in my whole family who's even into this, so I would have no-one to play with, and all the solo attractions seem pretty boring.

One problem with Nintendo is that they're not really respecting solo gamers as much as groups.

This game is seriously like going to a themepark. So many fun games!

Play it with friends, I got a 5 player match together and holy stuff, the funniest stuff ever

the metroid minigame is the one i've been interested in playing the most
i can't wait to eventually get the Wii U

dont forget to vote best game!

first game to reach 50 votes or so is declared ultimate nintendo land attraction of the year or something wooo

I really want luigi's ghost mansion.

dont forget to vote best game!

first game to reach 50 votes or so is declared ultimate nintendo land attraction of the year or something wooo

can't vote until i tried

Alot of them look really good I will buy a few I like and when i'm done. I will sell them and make more money :P

crap i just realized most people dont have a wiiu yet

its fun guys