Author Topic: Hawken Open Beta  (Read 1632 times)

WHAT IS HAWKEN?

HAWKEN is a free-to-play, online, multiplayer, mech-based first-person shooter that puts you in the pilot seat of a giant robotic war machine.

Customize and upgrade your mechs the way you want, then join your friends on the battlefield to rain destruction across HAWKEN's beautiful and immersive alien landscapes. Best of all, HAWKEN is FREE!

http://www.playhawken.com/home

Screens:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:47:00 PM by dkamm65 »

I thought It looked really cool, and I played in the closed beta, but it really wasn't that fun for me.

But definitely worth a try for anyone questioning it.

Bleh this game.

Looks pretty cool, but the controls just aren't what I prefer. Too much first-person.
I might try it anyway though.

i played in the closed beta and i could barely even run the menu screen on lowest settings so

i played in the closed beta and i could barely even run the menu screen on lowest settings so

That's what I was thinking. I don't know why I'm bothering to download it when I know almost for a fact that I won't be able to play it.

Not to mention a million people are trying to download it right now, so it's going super slow.

The main menu lags more than the actual game.

I can run on highest settings just fine, but the menu's all choppy.

There's also the 5 minute wait on "Syncing account"

It's a beta guys..........

It's a beta guys..........
And a pretty fun game.

Sorry for informing people on things such as if the menu lags for you don't be scared because the actual game runs better.

Seems pretty cool and all, but I'm going to wait till the game's finished and whatnot. As much as I'd like to hoard all this exp and some other kind of thing that increases which I'm assuming is currency.

Quick question, does it have controller support?

Quick question, does it have controller support?
Yes, native controller support.

Looks like there's actually stuff in the shop to buy now.

Edit: Woohoo, free to play market done correctly, like League of Legends.

Anything that actually has a purpose can be purchased with in-game currency or cash currency.
Anything that just makes you look fancy is purchased with cash currency.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:44:24 AM by Chrono »

Will this have steam support?

Will this have steam support?
So far, it has no overlay support, due to the way the launcher works. I hope this gets fixed.

As for Steam support itself, it's not on Steam nor Greenlight. I think they plan on doing everything themselves, which is unfortunate for us users but hey, a fun game is a fun game.

Edit: Seems you can run the game without the launcher, allowing you to use the overlay, however, the game will not update this way.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 03:04:08 PM by Chrono »