Author Topic: Tips on not getting banned  (Read 2024 times)

i dont recall. nothing like that is in my history.
kitton tells me you have been banned :)

I usually don't really mean things seriously, the most recent ban I was half joking.
Tip #1.e: Jokes and sarcasm can be interpreted differently in someone else's eyes. Keep this in mind. After all, we're communicating in only words. We are not expressing tone or body language, two very important things in communication.

Tone however, can be emulated through special means.

A cookie monster emote at the end of a post usually denotes a joke.

I have never been banned from this board for my entire life.

Ive been here six years and ive only been banned twice

Talk to a person who has been here for 3 years and hasn't had one ban.

I've been here for four years so far. Not a single ban.

He should talk to me.

I have never been banned from this board for my entire life.

User has been banned for this post.
no!!! D:

I've been here for four years so far. Not a single ban.

He should talk to me.
I know, but what friendly advice do you have? I at least elaborated something useful.

Plus, I swear I've seen you get banned. Nevermind, I mean, I swear remembering it, but I'm pretty sure you didn't

Talk to a person who has been here for 3 years and hasn't had one ban.

When you are in an argument, just say what you need to say, see if anyone negotiates with you positively or negativity, if they don't, your job is finished. Move on to another thread.

Most importantly, WATCH OUT WHAT YOU SAY. Of course, there are ways of saying bannable things but getting by it by being mature and sincere about it.

Ban Way
"Just go forget off"

Sincere Way
"I simply think (and I am pretty sure many people can agree) in the nicest way I can say this, but please forget off."

Most of the time, you don't really need to be that offensive, unless it's someone like "we-know-who"

Hopefully, you actually took your time and read this instead of listen to all these ignorant smart-mouth posts. I'm trying to help you, as a friend. :)

Quoting for second page because I really want you to see this and take it seriously.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:33:58 PM by Trogtor »

I don't think i've ever been banned, so just be friendly to people, then you won't get banned.

Or you could just follow the rules.

wanna forget off
thanks

User was banned for this post
well for one this wasn't really warranted.

a good rule of thumb is that if you have been banned multiple times, consider yourself on a short leash.  considering you're posting on an alt, you should seriously watch your step.

don't just fling around insults like candy.  being an ass is only really necessary in drama but even in your post it wasn't very warranted.

I know, but what friendly advice do you have? I at least elaborated something useful.

Don't act like a total douche, no matter the topic. Respect others opinions. Use dry humor sparingly. Etc.

Don't act like a total douche, no matter the topic. Respect others opinions. Use dry humor sparingly. Etc.
Sometimes acting like a douche can be the only option to your desperate opponent, but if it isn't serious, I wouldn't bother it.

Unless someone proves a point on a topic, you should respect their opinions and negotiate. There are some exceptions though.

Dry humor can be fun here and there, just make sure that other people understand so they can play a long a little, don't make it a serious thing against an individual.

Sometimes acting like a douche can be the only option to your desperate opponent, but if it isn't serious, I wouldn't bother it.

Unless someone proves a point on a topic, you should respect their opinions and negotiate. There are some exceptions though.

Dry humor can be fun here and there, just make sure that other people understand so they can play a long a little, don't make it a serious thing against an individual.

1. Acting like a douche will hurt you in the long run.

2. You are basically elaborating on what I'm saying.

3. You are basically elaborating on what I'm saying.

1. Acting like a douche will hurt you in the long run.

2. You are basically elaborating on what I'm saying.

3. You are basically elaborating on what I'm saying.
Ok ok ok I'm just trying to help OP elaborately.

well for one this wasn't really warranted.

a good rule of thumb is that if you have been banned multiple times, consider yourself on a short leash.  considering you're posting on an alt, you should seriously watch your step.

don't just fling around insults like candy.  being an ass is only really necessary in drama but even in your post it wasn't very warranted.
Yeah it was way out of the blue and unwarrented. I think I'm getting way too agressive with people.