Author Topic: 2012/12/17 - Blockland r1775  (Read 41971 times)

-quote-
I have an old computer my other 3 where killed by Zero Access Rootkits and Malware, and lets not forget spyware.

And I rather stick with XP than horrible vista, for some reason every Windows version above XP requires 1 GB of ram at the bare minimum to run, I only have 2 GBs of Ram on this current computer.
I don't feel like arguing anymore so you win, congrats I'm poor because I spent money on constantly trying to salvage my heavily modified version of XP.

I can't afford a new computer, there thats said, I don't know where to get money either, I can't get a job because of my age, and also no one will buy my old computer parts off of me and I get an allowance of 0 US Dollars Per Week.

All I wanted is to find out if there are any optimizations underway because I don't have any money to upgrade any more or buy a new computer

Once again You Win, enjoy.

and as for ram you forgot to count what else its going to be used for while your running Blockland, you have to have anti virus running, some have a high memory usage, and lets not stop there must I mention Steam?
I ran 3 virtual machines, each one running an MMO (mabinogi) client. The physical machine was also running the same MMO as well, as well and OS, steam, antivirus, MSN, ventrilo, firefox, and several other miscellaneous background programs. All that on 4gb. 6gb is more than enough for what you have said.

Overall I am not saying make them work perfectly on every piece of software but at least try to make them run smoother.
I used to have a total piece of stuff computer. The case was nearly split it half. I had external fans (the type you'd have in the case) taped in place to replace burned out GPU and northbridge fans. I ran games like tf2 at minimum settings at about 20fps. I didn't go whining to the developers to optimize it more, because it simply can't be done. Yes it sucks having a stuffty computer but there's nothing anyone else can do about it.

A PC to run shaders possibly on low, could probably handle Medium would probably be around $600-$700.
The problem with this is that how well you can run varies highly on how many bricks are on the server.

Has anyone tried to see if AMD APUs work with Shaders?
Ok this is obviously a typo but I'm not sure if you mean CPU or GPU
CPU: this has nothing to do with rendering shaders
GPU: Yes; why wouldn't they?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:31:01 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Ok this is obviously a typo but I'm not sure if you mean CPU or GPU
CPU: this has nothing to do with rendering shaders
GPU: Yes; why wouldn't they?
it's not.  It refers to their CPUs with integrated GPUs.

I have an old computer my other 3 where killed by Zero Access Rootkits and Malware, and lets not forget spyware.
How do you even manage to do that?
A tip, if a video is an application, it's not a video.
And I rather stick with XP than horrible vista, for some reason every Windows version above XP requires 1 GB of ram at the bare minimum to run, I only have 2 GBs of Ram on this current computer.
Restating, RAM isn't the issue. RAM is also very cheap.
I don't feel like arguing anymore so you win, congrats I'm poor because I spent money on constantly trying to salvage my heavily modified version of XP.
I don't want to win. I want to inform you.
I can't afford a new computer, there thats said, I don't know where to get money either, I can't get a job because of my age, and also no one will buy my old computer parts off of me and I get an allowance of 0 US Dollars Per Week.
This isn't Badspot's fault.
All I wanted is to find out if there are any optimizations underway because I don't have any money to upgrade any more or buy a new computer
Even if there are any optimizations, you still wont be able to run it properly. It'll either lag or not function properly.
Once again You Win, enjoy.
Stop acting like a child. Ignorance does not help you in discussions.

I'm not even going to write anything long to explain anything. You just skip it all anyways.

I'm pretty sure blockland is more CPU intensive than GPU even with shaders, when I had my 550TI I would get 40/50FPS when I loaded Slate City build, now on my AMD 7950 which is a $300 card, I get 70FPS, I should be getting a lot more than just a 20fps boost. On far cry 3 I went from 32fps max to 70fps.

Next Update Fixes-
Fix the glitch where we have to restart Blockland to hear Sounds that we downloaded from a server
Add the Esc menu when servers are loading (instead of pressing Esc which exits the server)

Sweet, you fixed errors I didn't know existed :D. Btw epic snowball

mow the neighbours lawn
shovel snow
sell lemonade

all things that can earn you money.

Anyway i STILL want to know what this file object security issue was.

I'm pretty sure blockland is more CPU intensive than GPU even with shaders, when I had my 550TI I would get 40/50FPS when I loaded Slate City build, now on my AMD 7950 which is a $300 card, I get 70FPS, I should be getting a lot more than just a 20fps boost. On far cry 3 I went from 32fps max to 70fps.
Vsync.

YES YES YES

Now I don't have to loving go through slow ghosting on idiots' servers.
Wait.. so he fixed super slow ghosting? As in- when it takes 15m plus for no apparent reason?

HALELOOJAH

Also I'm confused about snowballs, I started a server, planted a white brick, made it snow, changed the ground to snow, clicked everything in sight, and nothing Nevermind, it works
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:13:28 AM by Mysteroo »

Vsync.
Its not vsync dumbforget, vsync locks at 60FPS max, I told you I was getting 70fps..seriously. Minecraft is also a CPU intensive game and I getting basically the same FPS maybe 20fps boost, same deal with Blockland.

vsync locks at 60FPS
Not necessarily, it depends on your monitor.

now when THIS christmas ends

snowball will be made into an item i bet

now when THIS christmas ends

snowball will be made into an item i bet

go to add-ons board.