Author Topic: My school's IT department  (Read 1696 times)

I'm pretty sure you don't even need to have a high school diploma to be an IT guy at a high school.
There are problems with the computers that have gone on for this year and probably will go on for quite a while longer.

School netbooks:

At the beginning of the year, the school's HP netbooks had a resolution of 800x600. Everything was stretched out and gross looking. Whenever I used these, I made sure to change the resolution to something much better. Now the computers have the default resolution!
Since the school got these netbooks, the graphics processor on every one of them hasn't worked. Why is this you ask? Because AMD drivers are installed on the netbooks.

(this is an example of the error message it shows)
I did some research and found out that the error means that something else is using the memory that is supposed to be used for this card, the AMD driver.
I went into the IT room and talked to the people on why I couldn't use windows live movie maker (lol) because the graphics card doesn't work. I told them that the Intel chip doesn't work because the AMD driver is not allowing it to do anything. I said I didn't have the administrative privileges to disable the AMD driver.

Instead of actually doing anything, they take the computer, look around the windows I have open, tell me that they'll keep it with them and try fixing it. By the end of the block (i.e. about an hour later), I come back to see what they've done. They've opened another netbook to test whether it's an issue with just the one I had or with all of them and have the netbook I was using logged out.
They, only looking at what the error code says, assume that it's an issue with not enough power getting to it. They tell me I'm wrong, say that they don't know how to fix it, even though I've presented a perfectly logical solution and say that they'll keep the netbook for the time being.

This is loving obnoxious. It seems like I'm the only one who knows jack stuff about computers at this school. The former tech guy, who designed part of a game in 2001 quit his job last year. He was the only intelligent person at the school in terms of computers.
I think the only way to get hired as an IT person is to wear nice clothes and carry a Macbook with you all the time (all of the IT guys use Mac's).
It goes to show that I could easily do their job and I'm only 14.
/rant

My I.T. Teacher once said Safari was an OS.
Department in a nutshell

my schools IT guys use all the newest apple devices, the guy in charge of that just sent all the new ipads in for ipad minis :/

>get windows 7 recovery disk
>make bootable USB drive with it on it
>unlock administrator account
>log in
>????
>profit

>get windows 7 recovery disk
>make bootable USB drive with it on it
>unlock administrator account
>log in
>????
>profit
I'd like to try this but the largest flash drive I have is 2 gb.

if you can't do that, grab a linux distro instead, then use the universal usb installer tool from pendrivelinux and an offline registry editor for linux
THEN unlock the administrator account through it

My school had a copy of Window 7 on every computer, which is pretty good, then they go and change them all to Vista.

my school had computers w/ windows vista, 2gb RAM, 60gb HDD, and an intel core 2 duo processor, and this year the went and loving threw out alll of the computers. even the monitors.

my school had computers w/ windows vista, 2gb RAM, 60gb HDD, and an intel core 2 duo processor, and this year the went and loving threw out alll of the computers. even the monitors.
Why didn't they give me one of the moniters :<
I need one of those

Why didn't they give me one of the moniters :<
I need one of those
they didnt even bother taking bother taking apart any of the HDDs for free magnets.

My school had a copy of Window 7 on every computer, which is pretty good, then they go and change them all to Vista.
what
WHAT

It seems like every schools IT department is full of idiots who don't know what they are doing.

in 3rd grade i was introduced to the computers that had vista

BUT THE DAY BEFORE THEY HAD WINDOWS XP ON THEM :c