Author Topic: compass turret  (Read 1723 times)

i don't know how many people find it annoying or how many would find it useful, but this will give you a option (hoping for possibility of client sided and not a server add on)

so i am vary use to turrets on there own... i don't know what to call it, well turrets currently follow the vehicle when it turns so when the driver turns the turrets turns off yo target i asking for a add on the makes the turret stay where you aim it when the driver turns, i think it would be vary usefull

This would be very useful. Also if anyone is having a hard time understanding him he means something like halo or bf3 I guess where if you turn your vehicle the turret wont turn with it but will stay fixed in the direction the gunner is looking at. Right now if you turn it turns the turret with it and forces the gunner to CONSTANTLY readjust a lot more than necessary to stay fixed on what he's aiming at.

This would be very useful. Also if anyone is having a hard time understanding him he means something like halo or bf3 I guess where if you turn your vehicle the turret wont turn with it but will stay fixed in the direction the gunner is looking at. Right now if you turn it turns the turret with it and forces the gunner to CONSTANTLY readjust a lot more than necessary to stay fixed on what he's aiming at.
ty, this is exactly what i am saying

i was going to referance halo but i didn't want any one arging that other games have to to or whatever
plz do not carry on thiis argument

That's actually quite a great idea

Good idea, but when you are driving a tank without a gunner it would be locked onto a certain point, looking very awkward .

Good idea, but when you are driving a tank without a gunner it would be locked onto a certain point, looking very awkward .
ya this may posobly happen
maybe so ital only work when there is a player in it

ya this may posobly happen
maybe so ital only work when there is a player in it

That is a good idea of working that odd thing out.
On the point of making this actually happen, i am curious if someone manages to do this and if yes, how.
Currently i can't think of a good way to do this even though it might sound so simple.

But i have been proven wrong on many such cases.