1 (6.7%)
Dummy (overpowered arsenal)
2 (13.3%)
Browncoat (200 lbs of armor)
4 (26.7%)
Wildlife (nuclear bombs)
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Cortex Command Revival  (Read 3049 times)

(plz dont let the topic die this time...)

Cortex Command is a 2d real time strategy game in which you manage an army, one unit at a time, from a brain. You battle enemies in a bunch of different scenarios and with many different environments and units, and occasionally mine for gold.

Every single action is based on physics, like walking, flying, and shooting. A bullet impact to the head could make you fall over and would also probably kill you. The game features solid body physics for some objects, but it primarily uses per-pixel particle physics like the Powder Toy or whatever. This means that you can go prone and actually block bullets from hitting you instead of just shrinking some hitbox.

Story/Narration:

Once peaceful, our world was awash in bloodshed, wracked by wars backed by holy men. It was humanity's darkest hour, and the boldest decisions were simply all we had left.

Forged in the rush of war, a curious symbiosis between man and machine formed. Our numbers bleeding away, technology enabled the survivors to control robots and clones from safety. And in the end, we found our bodies an obsolete constraint, and cast them off. Brain and mind interfaced with machines, we became more spirit than flesh-- one person living through many bodies.

And in this new form we attained escape from the corpse of our world. Interstellar rocket ships for the decades-long flights to reach new worlds became common once life support for entire bodies was unnecessary.

Fleeing into the dark unknown, humanity discovered it was not alone, but also not important. Humanity struggled for acceptance in this alien community, eventually forging the Orion Spur Amalgam. Interstellar trade flourished, and with it came rapid expansion. As the era of faster-than-light dawned, humanity could live again in peace and prosperity.

But human nature wasn't cast off as easily. For every city and space station compounded the ever-growing hunger for resources. Worlds were stripped in civilized sectors where law ensured conquest by the highest bidder. So all eyes turned outward, to star systems where no law existed but what you could enforce.

As the gold rush brings commanders from several rival groups to one such world beyond the far eastern fringes of the OSA, all prepare to assume... Cortex Command.

Pix:

(about 1/8th of the weapons list)

Mod Linx:

CRABS INCLUDED FOR FREE.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 10:48:55 PM by Extrude »

I think Lee Faction is best Faction. Of course I made that mod. And all the weapons were over-powered and the shotgun could make you fly.

Seems like with a well-defended base in Endless Skirmish always ends with every single enemy stuck in deep canyons from repeated stomping of armies, bomb strikes, and AI miners.

Cortex shock = best scene. I recommend you download it.

Cortex Shock broke my game. No. I even deleted my CC file and it still caused the crashes.
You did something majorly wrong, then. It works just fine.

best mod is unitec mod (and spehss mahreens)

Still 20$ i'm not going to spend on a 2D game.

I love it a lot but it's so expensive. I still have the demo. :(

Have the Techion been nerfed yet? Last time I played they would steamroll everything...

i seriously need to get this

Have the Techion been nerfed yet? Last time I played they would steamroll everything...
They are pretty powerful, but all of their weapons have like 0 range so it isn't usually a problem.

Ah, i made a micro mod for this, pg. 10, minor mod dump, under the name Galacticruler.
its a Gatling Artillery.

I used to play this all the time. So fun.

I just learned about the campaign last night... It's probably the best part of Cortex Command.