Author Topic: Music Megathread (Electronic music in OP)  (Read 5586 times)

If dubstep becomes the next big thing (like how pop is now) I'm going to be really loving pissed.
It's gotten extremely popular already, but I doubt it's going to get as big as pop. Pop is manufactured stuff made for the masses, while dubstep (and I mean brostep when I say this) is really only popular with males aged 10-25.

It's gotten extremely popular already, but I doubt it's going to get as big as pop. Pop is manufactured stuff made for the masses, while dubstep (and I mean brostep when I say this) is really only popular with males aged 10-25.

Dubstep is just starting to sound all the same to me and is just an earsore. Pop is complete stuff though and I hope it dies out soon.

Brostep is a bastardization subgenre of a subgenre (Dubstep) of two subgenres (Dub and 2 step) of an underground genre (Electronic). Pretty dumb.

Have fun listening to the same 10 songs for the rest of your life

This is barely scratching the surface. My god this is nothing. This is only 1.6 days worth of music. If I had all the music I could get, it would take me at least 2 months to listen to it all.

Also, your post implies that you depend on new songs to keep you from getting bored of the music you listen to. The songs that come out each day must not be good enough for you. I can understand this.

To me, classic music doesn't get old. Some songs sound better the more I listen to them. And yes, I will have fun listening to my 648* and growing songs. Thank you.

That is extremely subjective and misinformed. There are millions of songs that are well made and the amount of well-made music has not changed in the last 50 years. The events that happened in the last 5 decades did not change the amount of well made music.
I said "in general" today's music isn't "well-made" or I don't think it sounds any good. I agree that there have been tons of good songs made recently and I can't wait until those of later generations realize that those songs were great.

The only reason you think music from the 50's-80's was better was because either you have a different musical taste or because good music survives. For example, do you remember 'Rock Me Amadeus' by Falco? No. You don't. That's because no matter to popularity of the music at the time, if it's not good it doesn't survive.
I agree.

In 2030, the same reason 'Rock Me Amadeus' didn't survive past the 80's 'Never Say Never' by Justin Beiber won't survive past the 2010's. On the other hand, the same reason 'Killer Queen' by Queen survived the 80's 'Hey Johnny Park!' by Foo Fighters will survive the 2010's.
I agree and I do hope 'Never Say Never' dies before 2030.

Brostep is a bastardization subgenre of a subgenre (Dubstep) of two subgenres (Dub and 2 step) of an underground genre (Electronic). Pretty dumb.

I a not familiar with the different versions of dubstep. Can you post a link of a dubstep song and a link to a brostep song so I can see which one is the one I hated?

change "songs" to "artists" and he was spot on. seriously the first half was just beatles. your musical tastes seem incredibly boring, who only listens to one genre of music.

Decided to translate a song that was on what was practically the first musical album I ever got. I'm pretty amused that not even the people at the kindergarten protested when I played it (at "discos" etc that they arranged). The other songs on the album were not very kid-friendly either.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:13:34 PM by DontCare4Free »

change "songs" to "artists" and he was spot on.
I don't know what you're trying to say here. That I listen to 648 different artists?

your musical tastes seem incredibly boring
That's your opinion. I think the same of you.

who only listens to one genre of music.
I don't know, but when you find someone that does, please tell me because I would like to meet him/her.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. That I listen to 648 different artists?
I think he was implying you only listen to 10 different artists.

Have you heard Radiohead's earlier stuff (The Bends, OK Computer)? You might like it.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 03:25:30 PM by Snaffle J. Bean »

I think he was implying you only listen to 10 different artists.
Well, there are 36 artists just on my iTunes, but I listen to many others that I haven't bought/dug up from our collection of CDs yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOUNmH2fGk

I made a cover of a modern artist. Too complex for the likes of everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCOUNmH2fGk

I made a cover of a modern artist. Too complex for the likes of everyone.
holy stuff man that was kvlt as forget in the beginning

acoustic metal

I have a turntable, it's pretty pretty funny to use, except that the reject mechanism engages when not in use.

I have a turntable, it's pretty pretty funny to use, except that the reject mechanism engages when not in use.
wut

You mean when the record is over?

wut

You mean when the record is over?
like sometimes when I'm not using it the reject mechanism engages. It's very sensitive to bumps and the like.