Author Topic: Help- SSD!  (Read 1965 times)

Try going to into the boot menu when you reboot

Change your SSD to top of the boot priority
I did. Then I tried F8 (Boot menu for ASUS Boards) and tried selecting from there.

I did. Then I tried F8 (Boot menu for ASUS Boards) and tried selecting from there.
did you set your SATA mode to AHCI in the BIOS?  for some SSDs it's necessary.  set it to AHCI, format the SSD and reinstall Windows all over again.

did you set your SATA mode to AHCI in the BIOS?  for some SSDs it's necessary.  set it to AHCI, format the SSD and reinstall Windows all over again.
Before anything. Let me note. I rebooted it multiple times with no problem at all.

Before anything. Let me note. I rebooted it multiple times with no problem at all.
I'm scratching my head here.

... try reinstalling anyway?  booting into the install again to see if you need to continue or something.

FUUUUUUUUUC-----

It does the same for my old hard drive too. (Still has windows installed)

Restore BIOS settings to default. Perhaps you accidentally'd somewhere.

Restore BIOS settings to default. Perhaps you accidentally'd somewhere.
K

Fml Same thing, But hold on, I changed something right after.

So.. Ya. Hold on a sec.

It seems when I set the SSD to the number 1 boot priority it doesn't boot. Dafuq.

I got it to work.. But. How to I make programs install to my HDD instead of my SSD?

Wtf. Quad Post. I'm sorry. ;-;

When installing the program specify an installation folder on the other drive...

When installing the program specify an installation folder on the other drive...
Oh ok. Thanks, I'll try it out.

More questions
  • How do I access my other drives Downloads, Documents, Music, Pictures, etc.
  • How do I make my documents music, etc save to my other drive instead of SSD.
  • Also a other question. Is there a way to make it default to install to other drive?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:07:16 PM by Glassy »

1: Go to <OtherDrivename>:\Users\<Youroldaccountname>\
2: Right click on the library in the explorer window and change the properties. You can make it include the folders from your old drive and not include the folders on your new drive
3: No not really

1: Go to <OtherDrivename>:\Users\<Youroldaccountname>\
2: Right click on the library in the explorer window and change the properties. You can make it include the folders from your old drive and not include the folders on your new drive
3: No not really
Thanks so much!