Author Topic: Buildable Vehicle (by Truce) (Updated 27 Dec 2012)  (Read 57240 times)

It spawns a bot.
So how did it "add another seat?"
or whatever it was that actually happened
the vehicle spawns a bot and the bot occupies a seat. When a bot is banhammered it removes the bot thus freeing up a seat.

Hmmm. So can I add weapons to the vehicle? Can I add another seat to it? I don't have a computer right now so I can't check myself.

Hmmm. So can I add weapons to the vehicle? Can I add another seat to it? I don't have a computer right now so I can't check myself.
There's a chassis with one seat that you can build on. You can't add events, emitters, weapons, or anything like that. Just colored bricks

so uh truce...flyable, buildable planes?

I think it's because the "bricks" are not actually StaticShapes, but AIPlayers.

Umm. OP says their nodes.

I'm pretty sure these vehicles are represented as a plain chassis with 5 seats. On 4 of those, an AIPlayer is mounted which uses a custom model that is basically just a bunch of squares. Then, those nodes on the AIPlayers are colored when setting bricks. He just killed 2 of the AIPlayer's, thus removing part of the "brick vehicle" and freeing some seats.

so uh truce...flyable, buildable planes?
try reading op harder next time

try reading op harder next time
I did. He said it's possible, and this is just a base. I'm asking if he'll do it.

P.S. Other chassis shapes, flying buildable vehicles, etc are all possible with this method. This is just a start. Let's make sure this script is as good as it can be and then we'll move forward into expanding the possibilities. As such, please do not post these suggestions in the topic, as they will not be addressed yet.

Guess I missed that part. Sorry!

I'm pretty sure these vehicles are represented as a plain chassis with 5 seats. On 4 of those, an AIPlayer is mounted which uses a custom model that is basically just a bunch of squares. Then, those nodes on the AIPlayers are colored when setting bricks. He just killed 2 of the AIPlayer's, thus removing part of the "brick vehicle" and freeing some seats.
Wait a minute... that means that with the proper script you could have not only buildable vehicles but destructable vehicles as well :O

Quote from: Brian Smithers
no one can do this, even truce
lol

I need to beat myself with a hammer for not keeping up with Blockland as often as I should. I'm so late, and Truce this is awesome.

Resizing the buildable vehicles is a big mistake
Lol wow
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:44:39 PM by Daniel S. »