Graphics Card for Blockland

Author Topic: Graphics Card for Blockland  (Read 3032 times)

I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to anything computers/laptops, so please reply like I am stupid.
Also, since this is mainly to run Blockland better and faster, I put this in the Help section.

Since all I do on this particular laptop is play Blockland and do other miscellaneous stuff on the internet, what would be the best graphics card (for a decent price) I can get?

Details about my laptop:
>It's a Toshiba
>It says "Intel Core i3" on a little sticker below the keyboard (if that's important)
>Windows 7
>Satellite C655 model thingy
>Processor is "Intel(R) Core i3-2330M" (if that's important)

I guess my price range would be around 75-150$. So, what would you suggest I use?

Also, I have no idea how to install a graphics card or the best place to get one. I'd much rather go somewhere and buy a graphics card than get on over the internet. Either way, is there a place I can go to have someone install it for me? Should I just go to Best Buy and show them my computer so they can get the best graphics card for what I want and that is in my price range?

Please help.

No-edit:

I also want to be able to run shaders on at least medium or high without any lag. With my current graphics card, I can't run shaders at all. I also have to put my "Max Draw Distance" at 50-150 depending on the server. I want to be able to look at more than 5k bricks without lagging, which I currently can't do. It would be great if I were to be able to play at servers with more than 30k bricks and not lag. Sometimes I have all my settings at medium/low in Graphics, all the check boxes in Advanced unchecked, and max draw distance at 50 and I still lag when I play at certain servers.

Silly, you can't buy a graphics card and just put it in a laptop like you can with a desktop.

Silly, you can't buy a graphics card and just put it in a laptop like you can with a desktop.
So what should I do? Would I have to get a new laptop all together?

And I thought you could put a new graphics card in by taking out the original (unscrewing and disassembling the bottom of the laptop) and then putting in the new one.

Not with the model of laptop that you have. There is no slot to put it in let alone enough space in the laptop case. Your 'graphics card' that you have is an intel integrated 'card' which is inside the processor (the i3).

My overall suggestion is that you build a desktop for around $400 that should be able to run blockland well, I could give you a parts list if you'd like.

I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550ti and it can run shaders at max

intel is a horrible graphics card

If you want to build a desktop I can give try and find you a budget build if youd like.

Technically speaking, you could get an external GPU, but the cost of either setting one up yourself or buying one is well over what you want to spend.

If you'd like some further help with options you have or things you can do to increase the performance without much spent cash just send me a quick PM

intel is a horrible graphics card
Get out as you clearly have no idea what you are saying, just because Intel doesn't support GLSL shaders for new games doesn't make it bad.

Technically speaking, you could get an external GPU, but the cost of either setting one up yourself or buying one is well over what you want to spend.

If you'd like some further help with options you have or things you can do to increase the performance without much spent cash just send me a quick PM

Get out as you clearly have no idea what you are saying, just because Intel doesn't support GLSL shaders for new games doesn't make it bad.

Intel HD really does suck though, Ivy Bridge, or Intel HD 4000 is stepping up, as it can run BF3.

He wants a graphics card for blockland

Intel does not support graphics for blockland. I clearly know what i am talking about

I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to build my own desktop. For one, I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to computers as said before. And two, the other people that use this laptop probably wouldn't approve.

So my best choice is buying a gaming computer, I guess. Anyone have any suggestions for a good gaming computer? Right now I have a little under 400$. I don't know if that would give me enough for anything good, though.

Urmm a decent gaming PC would probably be around $500-$600. Right now I selected some pretty good parts, an ivy bridge core i3, 400w PSU which will probably have to be update to a 430/450w, mobo, optical drive, 8gb memory, coolermaster case, total is $441. There is a $10 code on the case when u can enter, all that's missing is Graphics card, I'd recommend a GTX 550ti which is $119 and a keyboard/mouse and windows if u want to use windows. I will post Ll the specs tomorrow since its 2am right now.

Right now I selected some pretty good parts, an ivy bridge core i3, 400w PSU which will probably have to be update to a 430/450w, mobo, optical drive, 8gb memory, coolermaster case, total is $441.
I don't know what any of that is.

To be honest, I would be ok with someone posting a link to a good gaming computer for Blockland that's around 500-550$.