IP Banning (Updated)

Author Topic: IP Banning (Updated)  (Read 6847 times)

This simple server mod allows Super Admins to place IP bans with a few commands. Basically if a player connects under a banned IP address, they get permanently banned instantaneously.

/IPBan <Playername> - Kicks a connected player and adds their current IP to the IP ban list.
/BanIP <IP Address> - Bans a specific IP address.
/unIPBan <IP Address> - Searches the IP ban list for the given IP address and removes it if found.
/unBanIP <IP Address> - Alias of /unIPBan.
/listIPBans - Shows all available information about current IP bans.
/changeIPBanMode - Toggles IP ban mode between the 'ban' mode and 'block' mode. (Ban is recommended. Only use block if you're trying to keep someone from lagging the server with connection attempts.)
/CheckIP <Playername> - Get the IP of a player in the server.

Extra credits:
Jakob - Test Subject.
dargereldren - Test Subject.
Böltster - Suggested this.
Rykuta, Jetz - Looking over my code, but ultimately not causing any changes.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:52:13 PM by pecon98 »

Now I can finally ban ID whores who flaunt their unbanability in everyones faces, I won't say names, but *COUGHKALPHITERCOUGH* Excuse me.

Neat. Needs an RTB plugin.

Too bad that anyone who knows how to use a proxy correctly can still rejoin.

This is still good, though. I like it. Good job.

lol @ this guy

Thanks for letting my test!

I already made my own version not too long ago. Gonna hand it to you that this is better than what I made.

This is still good, though. I like it. Good job.
Well, it doesn't just disconnect them if they are IP banned, it actually automatically bans them when they join. It's good to keep people with multiple ID's around. However, if they use a proxy combined with an extra key... well stuff. Looks like he is safe.
Until the host finds out who he is.

Can you add gui for this?

Can you add gui for this?
Yes, I can. But I don't see a GUI being helpful enough to be worthwhile binding a key to and such.

Pecon why don't you ever add RTB prefs for your addons?