Channel 4 Ruined My Movie Night

Author Topic: Channel 4 Ruined My Movie Night  (Read 2419 times)

Oh not you again! Channel 4 always ruining my viewing experience. A blasted advert came on at the very emotional bit at the end of Lord of the Rings : Return of the Kings.

As displayed
Channel 4 apologised today after coming under fire from Lord of the Rings fans for interrupting an emotional final scene from the last film in the trilogy with an advert for an upcoming programme.
There was fury last night when a half-screen advert with a voiceover came on as Gandalf (Sir Ian McKellen) walked with Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood) at the end of the 2003 film Return of the King.
The advert was for 2010 film Robin Hood starring Russell Crowe, being shown on New Year's Day, and there was also a short trailer for 2011 film Wuthering Heights, which followed the programme.
Tony McMahon said on Twitter: 'A new low in intrusive continuity announcing - Channel 4 makes an announcement during the closing scene of Lord of the Rings.'
And David Smith ‏wrote: 'Well done, Channel 4. Well done. You just half-screened and talked over the last few seconds of nine hours of Lord of the Rings. Cretins.'
A Channel 4 spokesman told MailOnline tonight: 'We take great care to ensure that continuity announcements are scheduled appropriately.
'But on this occasion a technical problem meant the announcement was broadcast earlier than planned. We’re sorry if it affected viewers’ enjoyment of the film.'

Upset caused: There was fury on Twitter when a half-screen advert with a voiceover came on as Gandalf (Sir Ian McKellen) walked with Frodo Baggins (Elijah Wood) at the end of the 2003 film Return of the King

Darn it

Proof

Did any other Brit encounter this?

They probably just didn't know when the movie really ended.

Return of the King came out in 03? God I feel old.

I haven't even seen them all.

I only watched up to part 1 of The Two Towers with my family and we haven't watched the rest since.

I only watched up to part 1 of The Two Towers with my family and we haven't watched the rest since.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.

that's what you get for watching movies on TV

I hadn't seen lord of the rings until last week. I've still not watched the 3rd part yet.

I've never watched LoTR

Dang, that sucks, I never watched LoTR (However, I may have watched only a couple of clips of it with my cousins but didn't really like it) but i feel sorry for people having the ending completely ruined.

I remember going to the cinema every time a new LoTR was released in December. I think it was the Twin Towers that hurt my neck cause i had to sit at the far right of the room and my neck was constantly turned a bit. I saw The Hobbit a few days ago too, so I've seen them all in the cinema on release

That's what you get for watching channel 4. BBC is where it's at!

My TV only apologizes when they have to interrupt for a massacre or something extreme