Author Topic: Menen is getting a new Phone!  (Read 1838 times)

Am I the only one who doesn't want or need a smartphone
Nope, I don't either. I'm good with an ipod touch, and even that I could easily do without.

iphone 5 all the way bitch

I absolutely love my GS3 and I'd recommend it to any and everyone. If nothing better has been announced or comes out before then, I'm getting a Note II with my upgrade next year.

Droid dna is best phone released by verison yet..based on specs of course.

I really like my S II. I'd suggest the S3 or the Note 2 though.

I can't speak for the iPhone 5 but I have the iPhone 3GS and it's a wonderful device. They're actually pretty durable despite what people tell you, i dropped mine on concrete many times, and it's fine, I've had it for two years now.

Everybody wants to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to iPhones but if you have the money, they're really great.

Let me lay it out for you since no one here can say anything else other than, "iPhone is stuff," or, "iPhone isn't stuff don't listen to them."

iPhone:

- Lots of really cool apps
- iPhone 4/4S are as fragile as a newborn baby but the 5 is very tough and resilient to drops
- Very smooth and very quick UI. Navigation is usually seamless and effortless
- Extremely large selection of cases
- Tons of awesome accessories
- Almost no carrier branding, which means no bloatware
- Pretty small: only 3.5" screens and 4" for the 5
- Almost zero customization without jailbreaking, and even then it's not much
- No way to adjust the way the phone actually runs for performance or battery life improvement purposes
- No selection of hardware to choose from, you're buying an iPhone and that's that
- Proprietary charging port means if you don't have an iPhone charging cable you're forgeted
- No Flash support
- No microSD card support and non-removable battery
- Cannot replace core features like the keyboard or lock screen

Android:

- The Play Store has just about reached the same amount of apps as iOS, though admittedly, there is more bullstuff broken/useless apps on Android than iOS
- Hardware of all shapes and sizes. Huge screens, better cameras, better processors, different models and colors, etc.
- Total customization, you can change literally anything you want (including very core features via rooting) such as the keyboard, lock screen, phone dialer, etc.
- Large variety of ROMs to choose from (if rooted) that all offer different features and themes
- CPU and voltage tweaks allow you to control how the phone performs and how it utilizes the battery
- Flash support
- Usually have the option of buying bigger and better batteries
- 99% of Androids use micro USB cables, which means they're cheaper and easier to find if really needed
- Android can be pretty slow and laggy, especially on lower spec'd phones. Not as stable as iOS.
- Not as many options for accessories
- Android phones are always getting one upped constantly, this can cause buyer's remorse in a lot of people
- Android can be confusing at times
- There are cases of apps that just don't work on certain Androids, even if they're the exact same phone. Some developers will even stop supporting your phone entirely
- Lots of carrier branding and bloatware
- Updates have to pass through the carriers first, which means extensive delays on updates and inconsistency across phone firmwares
- Androids have a reputation for failing hardware, which makes warranties kind of important and thus makes the phone more costly

The most important thing of all is how each phone feels to you. You need time to play around with both to see which one feels right. Android can piss me off more than anything on earth when it acts like a handicap, but I'd take it over an iPhone any day just cause it's what I'm comfortable with.

EDIT: I didn't mention Windows Phone even though I really really like it cause it's basically just an iPhone with a much more pleasing interface and far less apps.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:12:38 PM by VerticalHorizon »

vh the customization is actually pretty awesome with jailbreaking
@OP: I'd get a Note II

vh the customization is actually pretty awesome with jailbreaking
@OP: I'd get a Note II

I had my 4th Gen iPod Touch jailbroken and there was absolutely nothing interesting to do with it.

You can set a moving wallpaper once you jailbreak, that's already implemented in android.

I had my 4th Gen iPod Touch jailbroken and there was absolutely nothing interesting to do with it.
i feel the same way, i just got a dope new android and there is so much i can do...but the app store has better games. but overall android is a better OS.

My options were cut down to Free phones.

My options were cut down to Free phones.
It's asking me to set my location and it's limited to the US.


My options were cut down to Free phones.
get droid razr m, it is only 49.99 pretty amazing price.
nvm, when i got it, it was one sale...