Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1334662 times)

Look who built their beast last night! I will post pics of the LEDs and battlestation later.

Specs:

1000W Power Supply Unit
Asus Z97-AR LGA 1150
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad Core Processor
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x 8GB)
480GB Solid State Drive
3TB Sata 3.5" Hard Drive
500GB Sata 3.5" Hard Drive
2x ASUS Internal 24X DVD Burner
ASUS GeForce GTX 980 STRIX

I had a lot of money to build something that would be my all rounder computer to do whatever I have to do.

>Buys top of the line parts and a nice case to put them in
>Doesn't do any cable management whatsoever

>Buys top of the line parts and a nice case to put them in
>Doesn't do any cable management whatsoever

I'm going back in later for the Solid State Drive, which got backordered, and then doing a bit of cable management.

had help, but here ya go

BUILD (has everything I want/need in it): http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hJZ3GX
NOT SPENT ON NEEDS: $550
NOT SPENT ON WANTS: $450
TOTAL NOT SPENT: $1000
TOTAL SPENT: $350
TOTAL: $1,350

TOTAL ITEMS BOUGHT: 11
TOTAL ITEMS: 19
FRACTION: 11/19

this is a rough estimate of how much it will be, so i will have enough $mula to buy stuff and i don't underpay
just a question guys? Do you think it was a bad idea buying all the cheap stuff first?

just a question guys? Do you think it was a bad idea buying all the cheap stuff first?
yes because you should've bought it all in one go to assure that your parts work and are not doa

yes because you should've bought it all in one go to assure that your parts work and are not doa
stuff what do i do then?

this is the pc i'm getting

price: $1227
Seems pretty decent and well-rounded overall. The Bluray drive seems like overkill though, the $50 extra that costs would probably be better invested in the video card (which is a bit underwhelming compared to the build cost).

dat price tho
overpriced stuffty part combination
please try again
stuff what do i do then?
well, you're forgeted if your parts are dead and past their return date or if the manufacturer won't let you send them in for new, working ones
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:12:16 PM by Daswiruch »

can someone link me to a somewhat cheap 300 watt psu? my cousin's psu died, so i need another one. he has an atx case.

can someone link me to a somewhat cheap 300 watt psu? my cousin's psu died, so i need another one. he has an atx case.
http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=17-371-033
Run for over 1000 hours non stop in my server no issues

dat price tho
Tone down the RAM. If you've ever done research into how little (1-2 FPS more on a game for $100 extra.) getting higher clock-speed ram does like I have, you know it's not worth the price. Use that money to invest in a better video card like a 960.

overpriced stuffty part combination
please try againwell, you're forgeted if your parts are dead and past their return date or if the manufacturer won't let you send them in for new, working ones
alright thanks, at worst i'm going to have to buy them again :/. But at least it's only 4 parts and it's not the most expensive ones either