Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1334616 times)

The best NVIDIA GPU you could get for $120 (not including shipping costs) would be a GTX 750, though you should probably go for the 750 Ti if you could spend a bit more. Comparison between the GTX 750 Ti and GT 620, showing that you'll get much better performance

On an unrelated note, the computer I primarily use no longer turns on when I press the button. I believe it's because the stuffty finally PSU died (after possibly killing off multiple HDDs), but I have no way of knowing for sure.

The best NVIDIA GPU you could get for $120 (not including shipping costs) would be a GTX 750, though you should probably go for the 750 Ti if you could spend a bit more. Comparison between the GTX 750 Ti and GT 620, showing that you'll get much better performance
Thank you very much, I'll get to work on learning how to hook this up.

Thank you very much, I'll get to work on learning how to hook this up.

Should be a simple process of removing your GT 620 and putting the GTX 750 in the same slot. The GTX 750ti (and, by extension, the regular 750 probably does too) draws all it's power from the Motherboard as well so you don't even need to worry about whether or not your PSU is good enough

dat horrible whine when you dont plug in the power cable D:

dat horrible whine when you dont plug in the power cable D:

no it's great

Should be a simple process of removing your GT 620 and putting the GTX 750 in the same slot. The GTX 750ti (and, by extension, the regular 750 probably does too) draws all it's power from the Motherboard as well so you don't even need to worry about whether or not your PSU is good enough
Oh! That's great! Thank you.

My sister has asked me to fix her laptop but I keep getting the error "Setup was unable to create a new system Partition"
The hard drive is brand new because the old one broke. Its a Samsung Spinpoint M8 ST1000LM024 in a Dell inspiron 17r 7720.
It happens when I install windows 7, when I get to the part where you choose the hard drive I get that error.

Solved: Turned off secure boot

However I have a new problem, during the installation there is a part where the pc restarts and you have to remove the flashdrive. When it booted back up it said 'No operating system found" so I'm still lost.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:31:52 PM by Alyx Vance »

EVGA has a great deal on the 750 Ti at the moment: http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P4-3753-RX
Damn that's a great deal, I actually have enough to get this... Probably not enough for the shipping tho

holy stuff that's a god monitor

guy in my building is selling it for 400 because he's about to be discharged. Snagged it.

My sister has asked me to fix her laptop but I keep getting the error "Setup was unable to create a new system Partition"
The hard drive is brand new because the old one broke. Its a Samsung Spinpoint M8 ST1000LM024 in a Dell inspiron 17r 7720.
It happens when I install windows 7, when I get to the part where you choose the hard drive I get that error.

Solved: Turned off secure boot

However I have a new problem, during the installation there is a part where the pc restarts and you have to remove the flashdrive. When it booted back up it said 'No operating system found" so I'm still lost.
Solved: Had to install the sata drivers

guy in my building is selling it for 400 because he's about to be discharged. Snagged it.
u luky bich