Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1338093 times)

so I was inspired by a post I saw on reddit about a guy taking an old laptop screen and turning it into an external monitor for his computer. I took apart an broken laptop we had laying around and got the screen out, now I just have to find the right controller board for it and I get tiny screen to put stuff on

pls excuse stuff cam quality..my stand isn't as cool as his but it's a wip
I pulled the old LCD out of a 7-8 year old laptop and I'm planning on converting it to a more portable external display. Any ideas for framing and screen protection?
I still haven't framed mine, but the eqstore on Ebay sold me a controller that works flawlessly.

the guy in the reddit post I linked made his case out of legos, it looks pretty sweet. I might try something like that.

I am looking to be able to run most if not all modern games on high+ settings at 40-6060-100 FPS with room to definitely fit under the belt for 2+ years before having to upgrade.

What should my budget look like in that 'range' that wouldn't cause me to kill myself over making sacrifices?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:55:58 PM by Swat 3 »

if you were at 1080 gaming, you can do that for like 6-700 bucks nowadays.
prob cheaper if you use older models of stuff that would prob work just as well.

if you were at 1080 gaming, you can do that for like 6-700 bucks nowadays.
prob cheaper if you use older models of stuff that would prob work just as well.
what about 60-100 fps on high/ultra?

lol.
4k gaming cant be done at higher then 60fps right now. as monitors and video card combos that support any higher dont exist.
and even then its starting at $2k

for 1080@100+
prob 1200 bucks is very safe to start at. but it really depends on the games you are playing.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:59:51 PM by Bisjac »

but it really depends on the games you are playing.
stuff like gta v, bf4, skyrim, crysis 3

probably head for 15k or something around there?

Hey guys I finally got my computer running stable. BF3 crashes every 10 minutes but I'll take what I can get.

Album + Specs
http://imgur.com/a/smYJj
that can't be a good setup for cooling. theres no room for exhaust

So I overclocked my system by some amount. CPU went from 2.6ghz to 2.9ghz and the gpu went from 850mhz/1200mhz to 950/1300 at its usual 1.2 volts

Now, I'm pretty much illiterate when it comes to the inner workings of computers, but I know mine is nowhere near amazing. Now, to the point, I have come into $120 and hope that I can maybe upgrade my computer so I can boost my FPS in some games. For reasons that are hard to explain I have to spend this money soon, so I can't save it. So if one of you could point me in a direction that would give me a lot of bang for my buck, I would be very appreciative.

Here are my specs for further information:

Bump
Sorry for the double post