[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310630 times)

I used chapstick as thermal paste and it worked really well. As an added bonus the computer smells nice when I turn it on. :nes:

Does thermal paste come with the processor?

Does thermal paste come with the processor?
Usually yes, but I'd replace it with some higher end stuff if you can

Would it still be ok if I didn't?

"Higher end" thermal paste lol.

"Higher end" thermal paste lol.
it's actually a thing, nonconductive thermal paste, and different sorts of thermal pastes are different

it's actually a thing, nonconductive thermal paste, and different sorts of thermal pastes are different
The difference between cheaper and "higher end" thermal paste is a few C, max. As long as you have good contact with whatever is dissipating the heat, you're fine.

The difference between cheaper and "higher end" thermal paste is a few C, max. As long as you have good contact with whatever is dissipating the heat, you're fine.

less is more anyway

I used chapstick as thermal paste and it worked really well. As an added bonus the computer smells nice when I turn it on. :nes:
What the forget did I just read

Since black friday is soon, should I bother waiting for sales, or should I just buy my next part?

What the forget did I just read

There ya go

So my sound on one of my computers just stopped working
I have an HDMI output to the TV, and every google search I've done says to make sure High Definition Audio devices are enabled and set to default in the Playback Devices list, and they are, and the green bar indicates theirs sound coming from them, but no sound plays. If I plug the HDMI cable into another device, the sound works fine. Any ideas?

It was an issue with a recent video driver update, just had to roll back
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:52:46 AM by Headcrab Zombie »

If I wanted to run an older version of direct x so I could play a game on win7 what would I do? (direct x 5/7 in question)
it'll work. i'm able to run ancient games like creatures and worms armageddon (directx 6/7) with no problems. at most you'll have to set it to run in compatibility mode for winxp sp3 or some stuff like that.

Since black friday is soon, should I bother waiting for sales, or should I just buy my next part?
Please answer ^^^

Also, my motherboard (This one) Doesn't say HDMI, but VGA, since my graphics card has HDMI, will I be able to get HDMI?