[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310146 times)

A 970 can max settings most all games at 1440p but a few newer, intense graphic games maybe a regular 980 would be needed.

I know 2 970s can pound 4k. Unless you pushing anti aliasing hard or have texture mods on a game.

As for non reference 980tis.
I love the gigabyte g1 for normal fan use.
Evga's ftw or classified versions are insane for water cooling.
so basically get one 980 or SLI two 970's?

I was originally going to get a 970 but people over a r/buildapc told me not to because it would be "bad" with 1080p

Please answer ^^^

Also, my motherboard (This one) Doesn't say HDMI, but VGA, since my graphics card has HDMI, will I be able to get HDMI?
Yes.

so basically get one 980 or SLI two 970's?

I was originally going to get a 970 but people over a r/buildapc told me not to because it would be "bad" with 1080p
Mine runs Witcher 3 at high settings (without nvidia hairworks of course) at 1080p just fine. :P

The 970 is not a bad card by any stretch of the imagination.

then r/buildapc has literally no loving idea what they're talking about

Most guys i know with a 970 are on 1440p monitors. Playing moat games at max.
1080 should be a joke for any game

then r/buildapc has literally no loving idea what they're talking about
That's the assumption I usually work off of on reddit.

Most guys i know with a 970 are on 1440p monitors. Playing moat games at max.
1080 should be a joke for any game
You aren't going to get ultra-high off of every game, but everything should be on the regular high with no issue. Also sometimes I run two 1600x900 monitors on the side of Witcher or GTA, which introduces some hitches, but no real hit to performance.

rosewill neutron case for president 2016

[img width=1000]http://jerryneutron.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/rosewillneutron4.jpg[/i mg]
Sweet case mATX or full size?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 08:13:27 PM by Mule »

I used chapstick as thermal paste and it worked really well. As an added bonus the computer smells nice when I turn it on. :nes:

what

I'm finally goddamn free of my stuffty AMD system.

With my FX 8320 I could not watch a Youtube video at 1.5x speed and GPU usage in demanding games maxxed out at 70% (even when overclocked to 4.0) meaning that I was only getting 2/3rds of the framerate I should have been getting. I went to Microcenter today and got a 6700K, an ASRock Z170 Extreme 4 motherboard, and 2x8GB of Corsair Vengence 2400 memory. Finally I don't have to worry about being bottlenecked by a stuffty AMD processor.

Now I'm not one to toss around the term 'bottleneck' a bunch but for a processor from 2014 to bottleneck a GTX 970 you have got to be one stuffty CPU manufacturer. Shame on you AMD.

Either it'll come to a purge if I feel up to digging or just eventually expand it into it's own case with hot swapping and a rebuild of my main rig.

Overall, I am a data whore and one who even dedicates an SSD to just photo files.

That's a big ass miniITX case.

Alright guys, I got a serious problem with my internet connection at my grandmothers and at school, but didnt get any replies so ill reiterate it again

When im at either my Grandmothers or at School, on certain days, im able to connect to youtube. google, forums, ApexVS, etc. but on other days for some reason I cant connect to youtube. ApexVS, and certain other sites because the DNS servers Im putting requests into will not resolve at all no matter what I do to try and fix it. This is only for certain sites though when this happens, and Im able to access the forums, google, etc.

Ive tried changing my DNS settings, resetting winsock, resetting adapter, using different browsers, etc. Odd thing is, this happens only on my computer, and no other computer connected to the same network

that happened to me
the onboard lan was going on my motherboard
buy a PCI lan card or a USB to lan and see if it fixes it