Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310759 times)

I traded a few things for my buddy's Win 8.1 disk, and now its on my HDD. I really don't have the patience to learn about a new OS but the 2 day Linux experience was fun while it lasted.
dual boot it so you have linux and windows and just mess around with it in your free-time

dual boot it so you have linux and windows and just mess around with it in your free-time
Or he could play around with it in a vm like a normal person who doesn't want to use linux full time.

If I wanted to run an older version of direct x so I could play a game on win7 what would I do? (direct x 5/7 in question)

Would I necessarily need a 980 ti for max/ultra (shave a few settings here and there) 1440p gaming?

If so, which non-reference should I buy?

Would I necessarily need a 980 ti for max/ultra (shave a few settings here and there) 1440p gaming?

If you get one, get the ASUS Strix.

msi gaming 6g variant

A 970 can max settings most all games at 1440p but a few newer, intense graphic games maybe a regular 980 would be needed.

I know 2 970s can pound 4k. Unless you pushing anti aliasing hard or have texture mods on a game.

As for non reference 980tis.
I love the gigabyte g1 for normal fan use.
Evga's ftw or classified versions are insane for water cooling.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:21:12 AM by Bisjac »

having a Core 2 Duo in a system with a GTX 980 Ti (probably not even possible, don't quote me on this).
Possible but I don't know how anybody could even have a Core 2 Duo still in this day and age.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147467&cm_re=Samsung_950-_-20-147-467-_-Product

Finally :)
I just got a raging clue I need this

First time being on my PC in a week after a deep cleansing with some compressed air, some disappointment, and replacing some fans.

I recently started a thread on what fans I should buy. Almost instantly I was showered with suggestions for Noctua fans. Needless to say I bought some. After picking them up off my doorstep and opening the box, I noticed that an ant had somehow managed to survive the trip from wherever it came from and greeted me with it's presence. However, the fans were not harmed. Upon opening up my case  I realized that I had made a grievous error: my case fans were not 120mm fans, but 140mm fans, leaving me with two fans too many (I was able to install two on my water cooler.)

I now have a new problem: What am I going to do with these fans now?

I'd be more concerned about that ant problem if there happens to be more

I'd be more concerned about that ant problem if there happens to be more
There was only one.

First time being on my PC in a week after a deep cleansing with some compressed air, some disappointment, and replacing some fans.

I recently started a thread on what fans I should buy. Almost instantly I was showered with suggestions for Noctua fans. Needless to say I bought some. After picking them up off my doorstep and opening the box, I noticed that an ant had somehow managed to survive the trip from wherever it came from and greeted me with it's presence. However, the fans were not harmed. Upon opening up my case  I realized that I had made a grievous error: my case fans were not 120mm fans, but 140mm fans, leaving me with two fans too many (I was able to install two on my water cooler.)

I now have a new problem: What am I going to do with these fans now?
Either send 'em back or ghetto install them. What else could you do?

Either send 'em back or ghetto install them. What else could you do?
A. install one in my sister's PC
B. Give one/both to my dad

A. install one in my sister's PC
B. Give one/both to my dad
Didn't know family was an option. Do that then, what are you asking our help for?