Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1328091 times)

Yeah I ended up buying it cause I have a flimsy cheap and ugly keyboard atm.
Ahem

Cheap?
Nothing can beat my 20 cent HP keyboard that still uses a PS/2 connector

Ahem

Cheap?
Heh, this is what I use currently, don't let looks fool you, its flimsy af, and on the numbers at the top, half of the key lights up. The mouse is comfortable though.

Also, how do I turn my mouse LEDs off? There's no button for it and it didn't come with any software D:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 07:05:58 AM by JumboMuffin »

Cheap?
idk how much it cost cus I didn't buy it but I have an HP keyboard that uses a PS/2 connector
I really don't get what it is everyone thinks is wrong with PS/2, aside from "old things are bad"

Also, how do I turn my mouse LEDs off? There's no button for it and it didn't come with any software D:
Without a button or software, then there is no way to do it unless if you rip out the LED's from inside the mouse urself

https://www.amazon.com/HV-KB366L-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B014SHAGVI
oooo i have this keyboard (silver version), it's great. i'm really confused as to why they decided to discontinue the silver model and create an awful-looking black one with a stuffty font.

idk how much it cost cus I didn't buy it but I have an HP keyboard that uses a PS/2 connector
I really don't get what it is everyone thinks is wrong with PS/2, aside from "old things are bad"
it's not bad persay but it's redundant now that we have USB with 20+ to n-key rollover, and takes up a spot where an extra USB slot could be

it's not bad persay but it's redundant now that we have USB with 20+ to n-key rollover, and takes up a spot where an extra USB slot could be

Some PS/2 Keyboards had N-Key Rollover, and frees up a USB slot (unless you use a converter)

OT: Anyone use obscure storage media? Like Iomega ZIP, Jaz, Clik!, 5.25" floppy, 9 Track Tape, Casette, Disk Packs, etc?

ram is success!!!!

Foxscotch !!, [30.07.16 22:15]
I did not know the meaning of fear until I started my computer back up and it booted to a windows "repair your system" screen
Foxscotch !!, [30.07.16 22:15]
but nothing actually went wrong
Foxscotch !!, [30.07.16 22:16]
that was just it booting to the hard drive, rather than the SSD, and I've since formatted the hard drive (but am having trouble removing the old windows system partitions)
I just restarted it and chose the correct drive
next time I restart I'll have to change the boot order
Foxscotch !!, [30.07.16 22:17]
really I should've done it then, but I was just focused on making sure that was the problem

Foxscotch !!, [30.07.16 22:18]
not too long ago, that would've been 50%!!!!!

one of the insertions was not very graceful, but I managed to get them both in without removing my cpu cooler

not hotpluggable
thats honestly the only problem I have with it

hi guys i need more help
im a loving idiot when it comes to this stuff so please put as much stuff in laymans terms as possible ok thanks
i want to get a good pc not really caring about price, but only under 1.4k
heres the list http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tCfCyf
im worried about compatibility and power supply capacity, i dont know how big it needs to be so i just guessed. a power supply recommendation would be great, and the cpu cooler is another thing is that i need help with and any other reccomendation would be great
thanks xoxo

get the 6600k and save money-- you can get it for 235 on newegg if you use promo code EMCELGM23, at least for the next two days

and then this board and this ram with it

not hotpluggable
thats honestly the only problem I have with it
how often u unplug ur desktop's keyboard?

how often u unplug ur desktop's keyboard?
Every now and then when cleaning my room

get the 6600k and save money-- you can get it for 235 on newegg if you use promo code EMCELGM23, at least for the next two days

and then this board and this ram with it
so everything is compatible?
also gtx 970 or amd rx 480
also is the cpu cooler good? power supply?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:12:31 AM by Jshotgun »

so everything is compatible?
also gtx 970 or amd rx 480
also is the cpu cooler good? power supply?
Everyhing should be compatible. Pcpartpicker has a compatibility filter so you cant go wrong.
Technically the 480 is slightly better but now that the 970 is also 200 quids id get that tbh
Make sure the cpu cooler fits in the case because it doesnt fit in mine went out of my way to check it. The cooler height is 159mm and the max cooler heigt is 165mm.
Everything from evga and corsair is automatically good

EDIT: Made an updated list
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/BmMtpb
Also new best cheap case because who spends 100 quids on a case?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:50:44 AM by espio100 »