[MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments

Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1310182 times)

I'm getting ready to move out of my dorm soon, what would be the safest way to transport my desktop? Should I take my hard drives out and store them separately?

just keep ur desktop intact and put some sort of anti static foam or crumpled paper on the inside to keep stuff from bending

just keep ur desktop intact and put some sort of anti static foam or crumpled paper on the inside to keep stuff from bending
Pfft you don't even need to do this. Just get a big blanket/quilt and wrap up your desktop with it then toss it in the trunk.

if you're taking it in a regular car, just lay it down mobo side down and fasten with a seatbelt

for truck take out your mechanical drives and keep them on you safe from excessive shaking/vibrations, prop up the computer so there's no chance of it falling over or something falling on it

if you have a very heavy cooling element on your cpu or a poorly supported gpu you might want to consider taking them out and storing in their og boxes if you can, to avoid ripping out a pcie slot or cooler supports

my background is whatever bing changes it to

right now its penguins

I need help finding a good processor for under $400 for the LGA1150 socket. I know the sockets dated, but it's what I have to work with for now. I have posted about this multiple times in the past, but haven't really been able to find anything decent. Would prefer an Intel from the i5 series and up

Also while on the topics of desktop backgrounds, I haven't changed mine in a while, but I plan on doing so. This is my little Stream laptop so ye if I had a bunch of shortcuts on the background it will stuff itself both memory wise and CPU wise. Don't mind the Audacity files, one of them are a Blockland loop I've been working on while the others are things I use to prank call relatives a lot.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:15:03 AM by Darth C3P0² »

woot my fractal design core 1000 case came in today

holy stuff its 100000x better than my previous rosewill fbm x1 case goddamn, even the lack of any cable cutout didnt affect me, the management was a loving breeze lolol

now my gpu idles at literally 30c instead of 40c and higher, time to do some gaming to benchmark temps

what computer case do you have? your looks an awful lot like mine when it comes to part placement and the backplate. I have an xigmatek CCM-35ABX-U01

the orange lights up but I cant find the little 2 strips you see under the light which sucks because it allows more noise to leave the casing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:01:32 PM by Darth C3P0² »

Literally in the first sentence of my post

woot my fractal design core 1000 case came in today

Quote from: me
On your webshop the 1080ti was labeled as pre-order. Is there an expected date that it is in inventory or is it unknown?
Quote from: shop
Unfortunately in terms of graphics cards we do not known the period they will be restocked. Theyre hard to acquire

forget. They offered to cancel or change my order to another product but all the other cards are watercooled or are a hunderd euros more expensive.
cry

Pfft you don't even need to do this. Just get a big blanket/quilt and wrap up your desktop with it then toss it in the trunk.
if you're taking it in a regular car, just lay it down mobo side down and fasten with a seatbelt
for truck take out your mechanical drives and keep them on you safe from excessive shaking/vibrations, prop up the computer so there's no chance of it falling over or something falling on it
if you have a very heavy cooling element on your cpu or a poorly supported gpu you might want to consider taking them out and storing in their og boxes if you can, to avoid ripping out a pcie slot or cooler supports

Thanks for the input! I still have the box for the case so I'll put it in there and put the hard drives somewhere where they won't be shaken around so much.

same with mine it looks alot like mine

i have a cyberpower pc

I have a dillema fellas.
So I bought a 1080ti but the one I got from MSI (the armor one) isnt in stock and nobody there knows when it will be. None of the MSI cards are available.
So I can either wait for an undetermined amount of time OR choose another one. Most cards available are with a reference cooler and im not sure if it will run cool enough with that (probably tho, theyre not gon put a cooler on which wont cool it enough) or ugly ass gpu's that don't fit my color profile.

Rn I have the same armor gpu except its a 960 and I love the look and goes really great with the rest of my setup.

What do? The reference ones in stock are the ones that looks best tho.
These are the ones in stock atm
ASUS Turbo GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING
GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition
Also some "INNO3D" cards but ive never heard of that brand so im not sure about that one

The EVGA FTW3 (this one comes in white too and there is a hybrid FTW3 with a built in AIO cooler version) and GB Aorus Xtreme are both pretty cards, I remember reading about good temps with the GB

for a mostly white case check out if theres stock of KFA2 1080ti cards, some models come in white variants, KFA2 cards supposedly clock real well if you're into that, but I don't know much else about the brand

Inno3D cards are same company that makes Manli and Zotac cards, so ok

Mainly I would just avoid the stock blower style coolers, they generally run slightly hotter and louder