Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1329807 times)

I'm been researching this for a long time now and I ended up with this: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RkZy (I also managed to increase my budget by a bit.)
Will the following parts (from my current computer) fit the case along with everything else?
http://www.ascendtech.us/samsung-spinpoint-hd502ij-500gb-sata-hdd_i_hdisamhd5021jhd.aspx
http://www.amazon.com/Lite-On-LightScribe-Layer-Drive-IHAS424-98/dp/B002SIMPXM

Does the processor come with a heat sink attached?  Will everything be compatible and fit?  Confirmed that it will fit.  
Will I need to get any wiring to attach my current hard drive and optical drive?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:47:04 PM by Kreon »

guys i dont get it
after having built my computer, some of my games have been crashing due to display driver deciding to give up, and ive gotten three bluescreens, two being Memory_Management and another i forgot the error name of

The bug check has a value of 0x0000009F (Or DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.) This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This happens most commonly from a bad overclock of your processor or video card. Disable any BIOS overclocking options or disable them in Safe Mode if necessary.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:11:34 PM by KoopaScooper »

Time of this report: 4/17/2013, 20:58:37
Machine name: MAIN-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
System Model: M15x
BIOS: Ver A09 1.00
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU       M 370  @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4020MB RAM
Page File: 2181MB used, 5857MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

How about this? or should i just attach the dx txt doc on here?

guys i dont get it
after having built my computer, some of my games have been crashing due to display driver deciding to give up, and ive gotten three bluescreens, two being Memory_Management and another i forgot the error name of
Might be bad memory, run Memtest86+ or the Windows Memory Diagnostics.

The bug check has a value of 0x0000009F (Or DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.) This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. This happens most commonly from a bad overclock of your processor or video card. Disable any BIOS overclocking options or disable them in Safe Mode if necessary.
I've recently updating my mouse drivers, were there any specific .sys files in there?

I've recently updating my mouse drivers, were there any specific .sys files in there?
Nothing specific, no.

Cleaning under my keyboard sucks... I mean, how does hair get under there?

Just got myself a new computer.
Had to get a laptop though from this one place because my old one was smoking.
Its still pretty great though.

Just got myself a new computer.
Had to get a laptop though from this one place because my old one was smoking.
Its still pretty great though.
specs pls

I finally found a headset that I think will fit my large head.

Zowie Hammer
Creative usb sound card

I bought the headset for it's build quality. It was a pain in the ass to buy though. I had to buy it from the manufacturer in Denmark. The headset itself was only like 60 bucks, but it was like 30 dollars in shipping and 5 in currency conversion. I was also disappointed it wasn't a usb headset. So I had to buy a separate usb sound card. It ended up costing more than I would have wanted. But hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

Guys I want to buy a quality wired mouse since Mine has chipped paint and has stuffty reception. Why I bought wireless is beyond me. Anyway, I'd like a mouse with one or two extra buttons (yes, middle mouse click counts)

My current mouse is really beat up but also very comfortable. It's one of these.

So yeah, recommend one. Preferably once that would be easy to get locally (i'm in a big city, so it cant be that hard) but if I have to I'll buy online.

Guys I want to buy a quality wired mouse since Mine has chipped paint and has stuffty reception. Why I bought wireless is beyond me. Anyway, I'd like a mouse with one or two extra buttons (yes, middle mouse click counts)

My current mouse is really beat up but also very comfortable. It's one of these.

So yeah, recommend one. Preferably once that would be easy to get locally (i'm in a big city, so it cant be that hard) but if I have to I'll buy online.
If you're looking for cheap but good, I'd go with this:
http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GM-M6900-Precision-Optical-Gaming/dp/B005NB9N8Q/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1366314540&sr=1-2&keywords=gigabyte+gaming+mouse
I bought one recently and it's really good for the price. :D