Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1330446 times)

Is it so much to ask for Windows to not over zealously overwrite the boot loader on all of the drives that may be connected when you install it?!  Seriously, I would like to install windows without having to disconnect my linux drive because for some goddamn reason the windows boot loader cannot detect Ubuntu anymore.

Edit: okay, windows wrote the boot loader to the secondary drive that I didn't even touch when I installed windows.  Great programming, guys!
I can say I know this feeling. When I reinstalled Windows XP after having Fedora installed, it decided to delete my EXT4 "/usr" on the secondary drive and replace it with an NTFS partition containing NTLDR, destroying my Linux installation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 03:09:00 AM by KoopaScooper »

Hmm... Any store retailers with those you can recommend for a reasonable price?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1iETY

finally got all the parts for this this week, just need a ide/sata adapter
this is the best i could get :c, also got ACIII with my gfx card
seagate

soundcard

kellogs

My PC keeps running out of RAM extremely fast. Along side that I keep getting .dll crashing errors.
Also text and such on my screen keeps glitching out.

Any clue on whats happening? It just started this stuff.

CPU:  Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $189.99)
Motherboard:  ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX  LGA1155 Motherboard  (Purchased For $90.00)
Memory:  Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $61.99)
Storage:  Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $89.99)
Video Card:  XFX Radeon HD 7870 2GB Video Card  (Purchased For $220.99)
Case:  MSI TC- (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $15.99)
Power Supply:  Raidmax 530W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply  (Purchased For $24.96)
This is the parts list of my current build. I'm going to get paid for work soon, what should I invest in? I have a mechanical keyboard and I'm going to get a nice mouse.

me

(order parts from newegg)
How many computers have you put together from people here before?

How could I get my speakers to play into my mic while still being able to use my microphone/headset?

Are you trying to play music over voicechat or something?

I have a question, when ordering Hard Drive Disks does the connector come with it or do I have to buy that separately?

Also I'm starting to wonder if I should trust Newegg, I've noticed a lot of people saying that their poor packaging has caused parts to be broken upon delivery.

I have a question, when ordering Hard Drive Disks does the connector come with it or do I have to buy that separately?

Also I'm starting to wonder if I should trust Newegg, I've noticed a lot of people saying that their poor packaging has caused parts to be broken upon delivery.
mine didn't but the sata cables came with the motherboard